There are a number of different flavors to think of when you are making a summer-inspired meal. If you are looking for a quick meal that is full of flavor, low in points and easy to incorporate into your weekly meal prep rotation, then Crab Delight Skillet will deliver on all 3. This is one to add to your Pinterest to make this week!
Quick myWW Recipes For Summer
I am always searching for quick recipes that I can make for my family. Recently, my husband has been on a kick requesting seafood and shellfish more often. My aunt sent me this recipe, and I fell in love with it. It only takes 20 minutes to cook, which means I can have dinner together and on the table relatively quick.
What Ingredients Go Into Summer Crab Delight?
Depending on whether you are following myww green, myww blue or myww purple, the points in this recipe will vary. While you have to count the points for the crabmeat on green or blue, it is a zero point food on purple. Then all you need to worry about it using a zero point olive oil or butter spray, which you should have on hand. I did make this handy dandy little shopping list for you, in case you wanted to go grab the rest of the ingredients for summer crab delight!
Is it really an easy weeknight dinner?
The best part about this recipe is that it can be as easy or as complicated as you want it to be. Do you have time to chop vegetables before dinner? Great! Save some money and buy your veggies whole! If you want to save time, you can simply buy containers of bell peppers, onions, carrots and squash already diced up at most of your local grocery stores. Then it's just a matter of combining the ingredients and letting them cook!
Can I Add Other Vegetables To This Recipe?
You can also add in extra veggies if you would like, after all, zero point foods help you feel full! (Sometimes, I like to add sugar snap peas to mine!) Here are some other vegetables I would recommend:
- Sugar Snap Peas
- Green Beans
What if I don't like crab?
There are a few alternatives to crab if you are looking for a substitution. If you are looking for a vegan substitution for crab, you can try jackfruit, hearts of palm, artichoke hearts or tofu. Other alternatives to crab are to use other fish that are similar in texture or flavor like pollack or hake. If you are looking for a non-seafood alternative for this recipe, go for a shredded chicken breast to keep the points low.
How Do I Make Summer Crab Delight?
*Points were accurate at the time of posting.
Please refer to your app and your own ingredients to verify points.*
- 14½ oz Diced Tomatoes w/ basil, garlic & oregano, Hunts brand
- 1½ cup Louis Kemp Crab Delights, Flake Style
- 4 cups Yellow Summer Squash, chopped
- 1 large Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 cup Red Cabbage, chopped
- 1 bag Baby Carrots, chopped
- ½ cup Fat Free Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- 2 tbsp Lawry's Garlic Salt
- 5 sprays Extra Virgin Olive Oil Spray
- Chop up all of the fresh ingredients
- In a large pan, spary the olive oil to coat the bottom before adding in the onions, carrots and red cabbage. Cook until it starts to soften.
- Add in tomatoes, squash and garlic salt and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the flaked crab meat and cook until the crab is just gently warmed through.
- Serve in a small bowl topped with a sprinkle of fat free grated mozzarella cheese on top.
Nutrition InformationYield 9 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g
Sign Up For Our Email List and Get This Snazzy Weekly Wellness Planner with Daily/Weekly Trackers, Menu Planning, Fitness Tracker and more!