With the release of three different programs for MyWW, there can be some confusion on what a day would look like on each of these plans. This post is going to focus on the MyWW Blue plan which was formerly known as weight watchers freestyle plan. If you have been on weight watchers for a while and the freestyle plan worked for you, then MyWW Blue is the right program for you.
A Day in the Life of the MyWW Blue Plan
For this post, I collaborated with Shawna Johnson, a SAHM who is following myWW Blue plan to become a better version of herself. Her Instagram handle is @mcmini512 and she has been posting awesome daily menus, one of which I will be sharing with you later in this post. For now, let's start with the basics.
What is the MyWW Blue Plan?
The Blue plan is basically set up in the same way as the WW Freestyle plan. It's modeled after SmartPoints with a list of 200+ Zero Point Foods. Smiley's Points has an awesome guide to MyWW Blue that you should check out.
HOW DO I CHOOSE WHICH MyWW PLAN IS RIGHT FOR ME?
It's time for you to be honest with yourself. If you have enough self-control to maintain proper portions and balance your meals but still need the accountability of points for most carb-rich foods, then myWW Blue may be the right program for you.
- If you are a diabetic, you may want to read my WW Guide to Diabetics for a more in-depth look at which plan is best for you.
- If you need tight boundaries and a high level of recording points, check out MyWW Green Plan.
- If you are confident in your self-control and can handle things like pasta or rice being zero points, you should check out MyWW Purple Plan.
Daily Meal Plan for MyWW Blue Plan
After going through the posts from Shawna, I found some delicious and filling ideas for meals and snacks to stay on track. Each day she shares her meals, so be sure to follow her for new ideas!
Breakfast – Mexican Sausage with Avocado Toast and Eggs – 4 Points
For a delicious Mexican twist to your morning breakfast, start with JimmyDean fully cooked turkey sausage crumbles. On MyWW Blue, 1/4 of a cup is 1 point and 1/2 cup is 2 points. Dice up the onion, bell pepper and mushrooms with a tablespoon of pico de gallo and serve with 2 eggs over medium for 0 points. Use Sara Lee 45 calorie bread for 1 point and 2 tbsp of guacamole spread on top with another spoonful of pico on top.
Morning Snack – Strawberry Cheesecake Greek Yogurt from Dannon Light & Fit – 2 Points
These little yogurt cups come in a variety of flavors, but I do love the strawberry cheesecake one the best. They are super rich and creamy with just the right amount of sweetness.
Lunch – Meat Lovers Tortilla Pizza with roasted sweet peppers – 3 Points
How awesome is it to have something like pizza on your daily menu? Check out my delicious recipe for a chicken crust pizza for another way to incorporate pizza into your healthy way of eating! As for Shawna, here is the recipe for her Tortilla Pizza!
- 1 la tortilla factory carb balance tortilla- 1 point
- 1 tbsp of pasta salad sauce- 0 points
- 1/4 cup of nonfat shredded mozzarella- 0 points
- 5 hormel turkey pepperoni- 0 points
- 2 tbsp of turkey sausage crumbles- 1 point
- 2 tbsps of ricotta cheese- 1 point
- Garlic powder- 0 points
- Minced onion- 0 points
- 4 sweet roasted peppers- 0 points
This is super easy to make. Simply top the tortilla with the sauce, cheese and meats. Throw it in a 375-degree oven for 10 minutes and then turn on the broiler for 2-3 minutes. Spray the sweet peppers with a zero-point cooking spray and roast in an air fryer for 10 minutes.
Afternoon Snack – SkinnyPop White Cheddar Popcorn – 3 Points
Dinner – Steak Night on MyWW for 8 points!
Yes! You can have a delicious steak dinner and stay within your points.
A 3 oz portion of NY Strip Steak is 5 points, served with 1/2 cup of white rice spritzed with butter spray and onion powder for 3 points, then pack in some more flavor with roasted vegetables, sauteed mushrooms and onions all for 0 points, making the total meal only 8 points.
Dessert: Pip Pip Cheerio Dessert Bowl – 3 Points
My Aunt Linda first turned me on to the concept of dessert bowls for a healthy option for an evening sweet treat. We lovingly call them “Lee Bowls” after her middle name and they often consist of some kind of low point pumpkin cake, cool whip, fruit and chocolate syrup. Shawna has her own version that is pretty brilliant that I have dubbed the “Pip Pip Cheerio” dessert bowl and it's only 3 points!
- 1 cup Plain, Nonfat Greek Yogurt – 0 points
- 1 tbsp of sugar-free chocolate pudding mix – 1 point
- 1 tbsp of PB Fit Powder – 1 point
- 2 Splenda Packets – 0 points
- 1 tbsp Coffee Mate Sugar Free Sweet Cream Coffee Creamer – 0 points
- 1/2 cup of plain Cheerios chopped up – 1 point
- 1/2 banana, slightly mashed – 0 points
Mix it all up together and Enjoy!
That makes it 23 points for the day!
- 25+ Easy Egg Recipes for MyWW
- A Day In The Life of the MyWW Blue Plan
- Using Green Chef with MyWW
- Best Side Dishes for MyWW
- Brown Sugar Spiced Salmon