This scrumptious white bean dip, also known as white bean hummus is made with a honey dijon vinaigrette for a new spin on a simple recipe. It would be the perfect low points appetizer for any holiday party menu.
How To Make A Delicious Honey Dijon White Bean Dip
The subtle balance of flavors packed into each bite will impress even the pickiest of eaters. When you are serving a crowd of people around the holidays or bringing a dish to a potluck at work, you want something healthy that is also packed with deliciousness. This white bean dip pairs perfectly with mildly seasoned pita chips. Joseph's Pita offers the best low point pita bread and can be found at most Walmart stores.
Why You Will Love This Recipe:
Did you know that white beans are one of the most nutritious foods on earth? They are high in fiber, protein, vitamins, and minerals like folate and magnesium. White beans also contain saponins which help reduce cholesterol by preventing lipid absorption in the body. This white bean dip recipe is perfect forparties and get togethers! It’s so simple to make but has so many great flavors that everyone will love. Even people who don’t like dips will love this one! It’s perfect for a healthy appetizer or snack.
Can you make White Bean Dip in Advance?
The best appetizer recipes are ones that you can make in advance and just serve them at the party. No one wants to spend all day long in the kitchen cooking during the holidays when guests are over. This white bean dip you can make in advance. It will even freeze nicely in an air-tight container. Before you serve it, stir it well.
If you are willing to add an extra point, a tablespoon of high-quality extra virgin olive oil drizzled on top will give it an added flavor boost.
What can I serve instead of Pita Chips with this dip?
If you are looking for a zero point alternative to pita for white bean hummus or white bean dip, there are several options to choose from.
- Bell Peppers
- Snap Peas
- Radish Slices
Use This Recipe As A Base For Other Recipes!
Choose your favorite white beans for this dip recipe and use herbs and spices to make it your own. Change up the herbs and spices to suit your tastes and preferences. You can also try using it in a bean burrito, bean stuffed peppers, or a bean salad.
All About Skinnygirl Honey Dijon Vinaigrette
Honey-Dijon vinaigrette adds a distinct flavor to the beans along with the garlic. The honey and dijon mustard add sweet flavors, while the vinegar side brings in a tangy taste.
You are going to love this dressing for SO many things, but especially because it is fat free and sugar free, making it a great healthy option.
Recipe for White Bean Dip with Pita Triangles
How Many Points Are In This Recipe?
With the new PersonalPoints Plan, points can vary for each individual person based on their unique list of zero point foods. Points can also vary with different brands. Please use your recipe maker to determine your exact points.
Are You on WW Connect?
Find me on WW Connect @Sassycooking_Alyssa to see my full recipe list!
- 6 Joseph's Pita Bread
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
White Bean Dip
- 1 15-oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, peeled
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 – 3 large fresh sage leaves
- 3 tbsp Skinnygirl Honey Dijon Vinaigrette
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Dash cayenne pepper
Start Making the Pita Chips:
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut each pita into 8 equal-sized wedges.
- Lightly spray pita wedges with olive oil spray on both sides and place on lined baking sheet.
- Season pita with salt and pepper before placing in oven. Bake for 5-6 minutes before turning each wedge.
- Return to oven and continue baking for another 5 or 6 minutes, or until pita wedges are golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside.
How To Make Honey Dijon White Bean Dip
- Add cannellini beans, fresh garlic, lemon juice, sage leaves, and honey dijon to the bowl of a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour bean mixture into a serving bowl and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Right before serving, add a dash of cayenne pepper and serve with seasoned pita chips.
Tip: A little bit of fresh sage goes a long way. If you aren’t sure how much to use, start with a small amount. Then taste and add more, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 305Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 0mgSodium 806mgCarbohydrates 54gFiber 6gSugar 2gProtein 13g
*This is an automatic calculation by a third party app*
Do You Have A Guide To Low Carb Living?
As a matter of fact, I do have a resource for that! For a very limited time, you can grab my fantastic and super-simple guide Low Carb Living Clarified E-Book for the amazingly low price of just… $3!
- Learn Exactly What A Low Carb Diet Is
- Discover The Benefits Of A Low Carb Diet
- Practical Advice On How To Start A Low Carb Diet
- Whether Or Not Low Carb Diets Are Safe
- And Much, Much More!
Sign Up For Our Email List and Get This Starter Guide for Emotionally Healthy Eating!