Chipotle's steak quesadilla is packed with juicy, tender steak and sautéed bell peppers and onions, making them incredibly gooey, cheesy, and 100% kid-friendly! Plus, they are quick and easy to make, taking less than 30 minutes total to get these quesadillas on the table. Enjoy them as a weeknight dinner, add scrambled eggs for breakfast quesadillas, or share them with friends and family as a snack.
Healthy Version of the Viral Chipotle Steak Quesadilla
Thanks to Tiktok Creator Keith Lee, everyone's social media has been flooded with this “hack” for Chipotle's steak quesadilla with fajita veggies and the signature vinaigrette mixed with sour cream. It's been so popular that Chipotle will be adding it to their app! However, instead of going through all that hassle and the extra points, there is an alternative. You can make your own healthier version at home and enjoy it whenever you want!
Variations of the Quesadilla:
If you’re looking for a way to switch up your quesadilla, then you’ve come to the right place. There are so many variations for a Quesadilla that you can make. Here are some of my favorite variations:
- The Classic: For the classic version, all you need is steak, cheese, and tortillas. This version is simple and delicious.
- The Veggie: For a vegetarian version of the quesadilla, you can use black beans, corn, bell peppers, and cheese.
- The Spicy: For a spicy twist, you can add jalapenos, chipotle sauce, and cumin. This version is sure to bring the heat.
- The Sweet: For a sweet twist, you can add apples, cinnamon, and a sugar free syrup.
The possibilities are endless! You can make your quesadilla as simple or as complex as you’d like.
You can also use LETTUCE WRAPS instead of tortillas. I love my Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps with Cilantro-Lime Sauce and you could definitely change things up by using the Chipotle vinaigrette combination on those lettuce wraps or the cilantro lime sauce on these steak quesadillas.
Tips and Tricks For Making the Perfect Quesadilla
If you want to make the perfect quesadilla, then here are some tips and tricks to help you out:
- Choose the Right Tortilla: The key to a good quesadilla is a good tortilla. Make sure to use a tortilla that is soft and pliable. This will help ensure that the quesadilla is cooked evenly and that it doesn’t fall apart.
- Choose the Right Cheese: Cheese is the star of the show when it comes to quesadillas. Make sure to use cheese that melts well and is flavorful. A good go-to cheese for quesadillas is Monterey Jack or Cheddar.
- Don’t Overstuff: It can be tempting to add a lot of filling to your quesadilla, but it’s important to remember that less is more. Too much filling can cause the quesadilla to become soggy and fall apart.
- Cook it on Medium Heat: When it comes to cooking the quesadilla, it’s important to cook it on medium heat. This will ensure that it cooks evenly and doesn’t burn.
- Let it Rest: Once you’ve taken the quesadilla off the heat, let it rest for a few minutes. This will allow the cheese to set and will help the quesadilla hold its shape.
Following these tips and tricks will help ensure that your quesadilla is cooked to perfection.
Can This Be Made In The Air Fryer?
You can absolutely assemble this and cook it in the air fryer to make it easier. Just make sure you preheat your air fryer before adding your quesadilla. Cook it on medium heat for 3-4 minutes, flipping it once halfway through. Be sure to check that it’s cooked through and that the cheese has melted before taking it out of the air fryer.
Can I Substitute Chicken for Steak?
Yes, substituting chicken for steak is an even healthier alternative for this quesadilla. The same brand that I use for the steak fajitas, John Soules, also has precooked grilled chicken.
Can I Use Frozen Vegetables?
As long as you cook them down first and use a paper towel to dry them from excess moisture, you can use frozen vegetables in your quesdilla.
How To Make Fajita Seasoned Steak
While I used precooked steak in this recipe as a time saver, you can choose to grab some steaks and cook it up yourself. The key is to use a really good fajita seasoning blend for flavor or you can make your own fajita seasoning! Here's the recipe that I love:
Instructions to Make Your Own Fajita Seasoning
- 3 tbsp chili powder
- 1½ tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp sea salt
Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl. Use a funnel to pour the mixture into an airtight container for storage until you are ready to use it.
How Many Points Are In This Recipe?
With the new Plan, points can vary for diabetics. Points can also vary with different brands. Please use your recipe maker to determine your exact points.
Are You on WW Connect?
Find me on WW Connect @Sassycooking_Alyssa to see my full recipe list!
Copycat Chipotle Steak Quesadilla Hack
The Chipotle Steak Quesadilla that is now Tiktok famous thanks to Keith in Las Vegas! The star of the show is the Chipotle Vinaigrette mixed with sour cream.
- 3 1⁄2 oz Canned chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1⁄8 cup Red-wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 cup Water
- 1⁄8 cup Olive oil
- 1 tsp Dried oregano
- 1 medium clove(s) garlic
Steak Fajita Quesadilla
- 6 oz John Soules Beef Fajitas
- 2 Bell Peppers Sliced
- 1/2 medium Onion Sliced
- 1⁄8 cup Fat Free shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 1 tsp Reduced Fat Sour Cream
- The first step is to make your dressing. This is going to make a decent amount, so store any extra in a mason jar. Combine the chipotle peppers, vinegars, garlic and spices in a blender.
- Once it is well combined, slowly incorporate the olive oil into the blender to allow the dressing to emulsify.
- Store in the fridge until ready to serve.
- Spray the olive oil cooking spray on a medium skillet, adding in your bell peppers and onions.
- Allow them to cook down to desired doneness and then add the precooked beef fajitas to the pan, warming them up to serving temperature before removing to a bowl and setting aside.
- Spray the pan again and add the tortilla. To one half of the tortilla, add a few spoons of the beef, peppers and onions mixture. Top with shredded cheddar and fold the tortilla over to close it.
- Allow the bottom to cook for 2-3 minutes before flipping it over to cook on the other side for another 1-2 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in 1 tsp of reduced fat sour cream to 3 tsp of the vinaigrette and mix well. Use as a dipping sauce for the quesadilla and enjoy!
If you want to lower your points, feel free to substitute grilled chicken instead, just add some extra fajita seasoning!
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 506Total Fat 35gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 24gCholesterol 47mgSodium 482mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 4gSugar 7gProtein 19g
*This is an automatic calculation by a third party app*
Sign Up For Our Email List and Get This Starter Guide for Emotionally Healthy Eating!
great flavors in this quesadilla! Made it for my boyfriend and he loved them!