Are you looking for a healthier frosting option for your next cake? Say hello to our Weight Watchers-friendly, sugar-free butterscotch pudding frosting! This delightful cake topping is not only low in fat and sugar, but also incredibly easy to whip up. Plus, it's bursting with the rich, indulgent flavor of butterscotch, making it a fantastic addition to your favorite cake.
Sugar Free Butterscotch Pudding Frosting for WW Friendly Cakes!
Our butterscotch pudding frosting is a game changer for those with a sweet tooth. It's low in fat and sugar, making it an excellent choice for those following the Weight Watchers program or anyone looking to reduce their sugar intake. This versatile frosting is easy to prepare and requires no cooking, meaning you can spend more time enjoying your cake and less time in the kitchen. And if butterscotch isn't your favorite, don't worry – you can easily swap it out for any other sugar-free pudding flavor!
Key Ingredients and Their Benefits
The secret to this healthier frosting lies in its key ingredients:
- Sugar-free instant pudding mix: By using a sugar-free pudding mix, you significantly reduce the calorie and sugar content while still achieving a smooth, creamy texture.
- Skim milk or unsweetened almond milk: These options help cut down on fat while maintaining a rich flavor. Plus, almond milk offers a non-dairy alternative for those who need it.
- Nonfat plain Greek yogurt: This ingredient not only adds creaminess and thickness to the frosting, but it's also a great source of protein and probiotics.
- Fat-free whipped topping: Using fat-free whipped topping lightens the frosting and creates a fluffy, airy texture without adding extra calories or fat.
Choosing the Right Cake for Your Butterscotch Pudding Frosting
To make the most of this delightful frosting, consider pairing it with cakes that complement the butterscotch flavor. Some great options include:
- Spice cake
- Carrot cake
- Vanilla or yellow cake
- Apple cake
- Chocolate cake
HOT TIP: Feel free to get creative and experiment with different cake recipes to find the perfect match for your butterscotch pudding frosting! You can use any box cake mix with a can of pumpkin for a healthy cake option.
Frequently Asked Questions
We know you might have some questions about this frosting, so let's cover a few common ones:
Tips for Success with Sugar-Free Pudding Frosting
To ensure your butterscotch pudding frosting turns out perfect every time, keep these tips in mind:
- Allow the frosting to set in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. This helps it thicken and become easier to spread.
- Gently fold in the whipped topping to avoid deflating it
- If you prefer a sweeter frosting, adjust the taste with sugar substitutes like Stevia or Splenda. This way, you can cater to your personal preference without adding extra calories.
- When spreading the frosting evenly on your cake, use a spatula or a butter knife, and work in gentle, sweeping motions. This will help create a smooth and even layer.
How Many Points Are In This Recipe?
With the new Plan, points can vary for diabetics. Points can also vary with different brands. Please use your recipe maker to determine your exact points.
Are You on WW Connect?
Find me on WW Connect @Sassycooking_Alyssa to see my full recipe list!
Guilt-Free Butterscotch Pudding Frosting
This Weight Watchers-friendly, sugar-free pudding frosting is a light and creamy alternative to traditional frosting, made with instant pudding mix, skim milk, nonfat Greek yogurt, and fat-free whipped topping for a guilt-free indulgence.
- 1/4 package sugar-free Butterscotch instant pudding mix
- 1 1/2 cups skim milk (or unsweetened almond milk for a non-dairy option)
- 1/4 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 (8 oz) container fat-free whipped topping, thawed
- Optional: sugar substitute to taste (like Stevia or Splenda)
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together the sugar-free instant pudding mix and skim milk. Whisk for about 2 minutes, until the pudding starts to thicken.
- Gently fold in the nonfat Greek yogurt and mix until well combined. Taste the mixture and add a sugar substitute if desired, adjusting the sweetness to your preference.
- Carefully fold in the fat-free whipped topping until fully incorporated. Be gentle to avoid deflating the whipped topping.
- Allow the frosting to set in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes. This will help it thicken and become easier to spread.
- Once the frosting has set, spread it evenly over your cooled cake. If you have a piping bag and tips, you can also use this frosting for decorative piping on the cake.
- Store any leftover frosting in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Make sure to give it a good stir before using it again.
Feel free to change the flavor from Butterscotch to any other sugar free flavor you want!
This icing will cover a 9" round cake or a cake made in a 9" X 13" pan.
Ready to elevate your cake game with this guilt-free, Weight Watchers-friendly butterscotch pudding frosting? Give it a try and discover just how delicious and satisfying a healthier frosting can be. Feel free to experiment with different pudding flavors to find the perfect match for your cake creations. We'd love to hear about your experiences and see your delectable masterpieces using this sugar-free pudding frosting. Happy baking!
When You Need A Sweet Treat…
Broiled Creme Brulee
Berry Cheesecake Parfait