This recipe for Crispy Jalapeno Cheddar Bites is low on points, high on flavor, and deliciously crispy. I love the little bags of cheese crisps that they sell at the store. What I don't love is the price tag. One of those bags can be almost $5! I discovered how to make these at home and it was a total game-changer. These crispers have all the crunch of the fry basket without the oil and grease. A healthy recipe you can make in under 15 minutes!
Crispy Jalapeno Cheddar Bites
When you were a kid, you probably grabbed a handful of potato chips whenever you were hungry for a snack. They were a handy snack with a great crunch, and the salty taste of salt on its top surface was a delicious treat. Today, however, there are so many more options available to you, and they aren't nearly as readily available. These crispy cheddar-flavored jalapeno crisps are a scrumptious snack to enjoy when you're looking for a little flavor. They're made from real cheddar cheese and sliced jalapenos.
Is This An Easy Recipe For A Weight Watcher Snack?
Making these jalapeno cheddar crispers is actually a lot easier than you might think. In fact, the Pioneer Woman herself, Ree Drummond, makes something similar using a combination of different cheeses. It's literally just baking the cheese until it melts into a crispy treat that is easy to just grab and snack on. Plus, they are great to make in advance and separate into portioned bags for snacking throughout the week.
Can I Use an Air Fryer?
Unfortunately, fresh cheese does not work well in an air fryer. Once the air starts to circulate, the shredded cheese starts to spin and fly everywhere, which can cause it to get stuck in the air vents, melt and even burn inside the vents.
Can I use pickles instead of jalapeno peppers?
You sure can! In fact, you can use pretty much anything you would like. This is such a versatile recipe that you can truly make it your own. Just keep in mind that you need thin slices of whatever you decide to put in. Also, make sure the cheese is spread out well in order to crisp up.
What Should I Serve These With?
How Many Points Are In This Recipe?
With the new Weight Watchers Plan, points can vary for diabetics. Points can also vary with different brands. Please use your recipe maker to determine your exact points.
Are You on WW Connect?
Find me on WW Connect @Sassycooking_Alyssa to see my full recipe list!
- 1 Cup Fat Free Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 Fresh Jalapeno, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees
- On a baking sheet, drop a generous pinch of shredded cheddar cheese
- On top of each mount of cheese, drop a sliced jalapeno
- Bake for 6-9 minutes until the edge are crispy and browned
- Allow the crisps to cool for 5 minutes, then enjoy!
Sign Up For Our Email List and Get This Starter Guide for Emotionally Healthy Eating!
- WeightWatchers' Bold New Direction: “We Got It Wrong”
- Indulge in Heavenly Bar Recipes with Cream Cheese!
- Tips To Encourage Your Older Loved Ones To Eat Healthily
- 3 Reasons To Love Baked Brie with Cranberries and Walnuts
- The Science Behind Vegetable Gardens: Tips for Growing Healthy Meals
- Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce