For those that are skilled knowing how to regulate their portions and not over-indulge on calories and carbs (For the record, this is NOT me!) the myWW Purple Plan may be the right program for you. Keep reading to see what a typical day of meals could be like.
A Day In The Life of the myWW Purple Plan
What is the myWW Purple Plan?
The myWW Purple Plan offers the most zero point foods between the three plans being offered. The list includes over 300 items including chicken breast, turkey breast, seafood, shellfish, eggs, tofu, tempeh, legumes, fruits, vegetables (including starchy ones like corn or potatoes) and whole wheat pasta, brown rice, and oatmeal!
However, because the number of zero-point foods is so high, the number of daily points you have will be much lower. The minimum number of points is 16 but will be adjusted for each person based on their current weight, the lifestyle that they live and the goals they have for their weight loss. Never fear, this also includes weekly points and Fitpoints.
How Do I Choose Which WW Plan is Right For Me?
It's time for you to get real with yourself. Look in the mirror and ask if you can manage to have so much freedom with your food choices that you can be successful.
If you are a diabetic, you may want to read my WW Guide to Diabetics for a more in-depth look at which plan is best for you.
Personally, I know that if I'm told that whole grain pasta is a zero point food, I'm going to eat the whole pound of pasta for dinner.
If you are like me, you may want to consider looking at the WW Green Plan instead.
How Does The Purple Plan Work?
The purple plan is similar to the retired plan called “Simply Filling” where you could eat anything on a specific list. This is an enhanced version but is still based on the SmartPoints calculation of calories, saturated fat, sugar and protein.
What Does A Day In The Life on the myWW Purple Plan Look Like?
Just like with the myWW Green Plan, the best way to start any lifestyle change is to play your day ahead of time and balance your new freedom with a long list of zero point foods and not overdoing it on your caloric intake.
Failing to Plan is Planning to Fail
Sign Up For Our Email List and Get This Starter Guide for Emotionally Healthy Eating!
The First Day on myWW Purple Plan
I discovered Motivated Muffins as I was researching others following myWW Purple Plan. She breaks down her entire day on the plan, what she likes, what she doesn't like and brings a great perspective to the table. Watch her video below.
Wake Up and Drink Water
This may sound like an obvious statement, but you need to drink water. The first thing you should do after waking up in the morning is to drink 16 oz of water. Your body is mostly water and after a long rest, you need to rehydrate!
Drinking water encourages your body to release toxins, aiding in digestion and boosting your metabolism. Adda Bjarnadottir, MS wrote this article for Healthline discussing how drinking water can also lower how many calories you consume during the day which helps you lose weight!
What support can you offer me?
We have a wonderful support group on Facebook for each of the three plans and one big one for everyone to participate in! I also designed an entire weekly menu for purple with a shopping list of essentials!
Thanks to the freedom the WW Purple Plan offers, certain oatmeals are now a Zero point food! The night before, combine a 1/4 cup of uncooked rolled oats, 1/2 cup of plain fat-free Greek Yogurt and 1/8 tsp of cinnamon to a storage container, sealed and place into the fridge. Top it with fresh-cut apples in the morning and Enjoy!
Not an oatmeal fan? Check out this recipe for Pumpkin Banana Pancakes for ZERO POINTS.
I love all things purple and I'm a huge fan of making things into bowls. Locally, we have a Food truck called Above The Grain. They serve up this delicious BBQ Chicken Sweet Potato Bowl that will knock your socks off.
- 1 Cup Pulled or Shredded Chicken Breast
- 1/4 Cup Coleslaw (Recipe Below)
- 1 medium Sweet Potato
- 1 tbsp Stevia Sweet BBQ Sauce
Layer the ingredients in a bowl and DIG IN!
For the Zero Point Coleslaw:
- Add shredded coleslaw mix, an apple sliced into thin strips, 1/4 tsp of celery seed, 1 tbsp Splenda and 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar to a medium-sized bowl.
- Toss to combine and cover to set in the fridge until you need it.
Have you discovered Stevia Sweet BBQ yet? A local restaurant here in Venice created it and it quickly became so popular he started selling it nationwide! It has all the right BBQ flavors without the sugar, and it's ZERO POINTS!
Another fantastic choice would be Butternut Squash Spirals with a Lemon Sage Sauce which is only 2 Points. It's a filling dish that can be made quickly and is ultra delicious!
It's pretty common to find yourself craving a snack in the middle of the afternoon. I recommend having Fiber One 90 calorie bars on hand. They have indulgent feeling flavors like chocolate and peanut butter or brownie fudge to satisfy that sweet tooth craving and range in the 4-6 point range so they won't throw you completely off track.
If you need help with meal ideas, check out Home Chef for a meal subscription box to get your creative juices going!
For dinner, enjoy a meal that will leave you full and happy for only 1 Point… Baked Sunflower Salmon Recipe: This dish will impress everyone no matter what occasion you serve it for. The sunflower seed crust offers an interesting texture and taste that makes this simple yet delicious dish even better! This is a family favorite in our house and I have a feeling it will be in yours as well.
- 6 4 oz Wild Caught Salmon Filets
- 2 cups Golden Beets , diced
- 2 cups Golden Beet Greens, chopped
- 6 Small Purple Potatoes, diced
- 2 Medium Lemons
- 2 cups Green Beans
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Sunflower Seeds
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Zero Point Cooking Spray
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Toss together potatoes and green beans in a bowl, spray with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread them on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 20-25 minutes until potatoes are fork tender and green beans are slightly crispy.
- Place a nonstick skillet on the stove and heat it over medium-high heat. When you can splash a little water and it sizzles, add in diced beets with a little cooking spray.
- On a second baking sheet, add a sheet of parchment paper and a layer of lemon slices. Season both sides of the salmon with salt and pepper and place on top of the lemon slices.
- Combine olive oil, sunflower seeds and Italian seasoning together in a bowl and crush them together. Layer on top of the salmon and place it in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Finish up the beets by adding in the greens with the apple cider vinegar and garlic powder. Once the beets are soft and the greens are wilted, you can serve!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g
What if you really want Pizza? Well, how about Chicken Parmesan Pizza? It's less than 4 points per serving on the myWW purple plan, and totally delicious.
At this point, it's the end of the day and you still have at least 10 points left. Go for a delicious, nutritious acai bowl for dessert!
Chelsea's Messy Apron has a wonderful guide with 4 different recipes, check them out but be mindful of which recipe you choose for point values. Regardless, this antioxidant powerhouse is a dessert to indulge in.
Toppings for Your Acai Bowl
These are some of my favorite toppings for my Acai bowls, be sure to check them out!
- Walden Farms Maple Walnut – (0 Points)
- 365 Everyday Value Organic Vanilla maple chia & flax ground seed blend (1 Point)
- 1 Tbsp Spectrum Essentials Chia and Flax Seed Decadent Blend with Coconut and Cocoa (1 Point)
Or Choose From Fresh Fruits for Zero Points!
- Sliced Strawberries
- Fresh Blueberries
- Fresh Blackberries
- Fresh Raspberries
Depending on your choices for your Acai Bowl, You have room for up to 10 Points Here!
Are you Team Purple? Comment below and tell me what you like best about Purple!
- Complete Guide To Zero Point Foods on Weight Watchers
- Chipotle Steak Quesadilla Viral Tiktok Copycat Recipe: Healthy Version
- Instant Pot BBQ Little Smokies Recipe – Sugar Free
- The Easiest and Best Chicken Crust Pizza Recipe
- Best Recipe for Homemade Zero Point Pasta Sauce
- Changes to Weight Watchers for 2023