In order to set yourself up for success on the MyWW Purple Plan, there is a level of preparation you need. My favorite quote is that failing to prepare is preparing to fail. If you spend a weekend afternoon writing out a grocery list, planning your meals and preparing easy grab and go foods, you will find it is easier to stay on track with your MyWW journey. It can seem overwhelming at first, but that's what I'm here for! It all starts with building your MyWW Purple shopping list for the essentials and then finding the recipes that coincide with your tastebuds.
7 Day Meal Plan for MyWW Purple with Shopping List
When you first start planning your meals for the week, you should consider the staples you already have in your home and build your recipes from that list. When you learn the basics of cooking it becomes the building blocks to being creative with healthy cooking in the kitchen. When you are starting your first week on MyWW, it can be overwhelming on finding a place to start. The most obvious items that are essential for your myWW Purple shopping list would be your favorite fruits and vegetables along with items on your300+ list of zero point foods. Check out this guide from Smiley's Points for a free printable zero point list. What else can you include in your shopping list to make your weekly meal planning easier? Let's take a look at what I like to have on hand.
Essential Grocery Items to Always Have On Hand:
- Ground Turkey 99% Fat Free
- Mission Carb Balance Tortillas
- Joseph's Pita Bread or Lavash Bread
- Canadian Bacon
- Shredded and Thinly Sliced Cheese (Fat Free When Possible)
- Your Favorite Fruits and Vegetables for snacking
- Brown Rice
- Whole-Wheat Pasta
- Butter Lettuce
- Walden Farms Dressings
- SkinnyGirl Dressings
- Nonfat Greek and Plain Yogurts
- Chicken Breasts
- Tortilla Cips
- Whole-Wheat Pretzels
What about snacks?
While I was writing the meal plan, I found myself questioning snacks. If you are anything like me, you can't really plan what you will want for snacks. I recommend prepping snacks in the beginning of the week and writing the points on the outside of the bags. Typical snacks can include fruits and vegetables with hummus dips, yogurt cups, pita chips, tortilla chips, pretzels, etc. Yes, you read that right. You can have snack foods like chips as long as you pre-portion them!
MyWW Meal Plan – 7 Days of Meals
I have been working with Smiley's Points on collaborating for recipes and building our support groups on Facebook. The following meal plan incorporates my recipes and theirs for a full week of delicious food! If you click on the image below, you can sign up for my mailing list to receive emails monthly with new recipes and resources.
Breakdown of the Recipes for This Meal Plan
Breakfast: Breakfast tacos
- 2 Mission Carb Balance Tortillas (Fajita Size) / 2 points
- 3 Slices Canadian Bacon / 1 point
- 2 Scrambled egg / 0 points
- 2 tbsp shredded cheddar / 2 points
Start by cooking the Canadian bacon and chopping it up, set it to the side. Then scramble eggs with the cheese, combine with the bacon. Fill the tortillas and top with salsa.
Lunch: Spinach Salad
- 2 Tbsp Bacon Bits / 2 points
- Fresh Spinach Leaves / 0 points
- 1 tbsp chopped Walnuts / 2 points
- Chopped Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts / 0 points
- Skinny Girl Raspberry Vinaigrette / 0 points
Dinner: Ground Turkey Sloppy Joes are zero points on their own in a bowl but you can add in bread options for varied points.
- 1 Everything Bagel Thin / 3 Points
- 1 tbsp whipped cream cheese / 2 points
- 1 apple sliced
- Sweet Potato (Baked) / 0 Points
- Shredded Chicken Breast / 0 Points
- Stevia Sweet BBQ / 0 Points
- 1/4 cup Coleslaw / 0 points
For the Zero Point Coleslaw:
- Add shredded coleslaw mix, an apple sliced into thin strips, 1/4 tsp of celery seed, 1 tbsp Splenda and 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar to a medium-sized bowl.
- Toss to combine and cover to set in the fridge until you need it.
Dinner: Baked Salmon
- Salmon / 0 points
- Baked Fingerling Potatoes / 0 points
Season with garlic salt and cooking spray
- Roasted vegetables (your choice) / 0 points
Baked Salmon- Lay salmon filet on thin slices of lemon in aluminum foil season simply with salt and pepper. Seal the salmon in the foil like a little packet. Bake at 350 degrees for 7-10 minutes for perfectly flaky salmon!
Breakfast: Upside down banana oatmeal bar / 1 point
Lunch: Mediterranean Bowl
- Ground Chicken / 0 points
- Mediterranean Quinoa Salad / 3 points
Dinner: Buffalo Chicken Wontons / 1 Point
Breakfast: Cinnamon Roll / 2 points
Lunch: Minestrone Soup / 1 point
serve with a slice of whole-wheat bread if you want!
Dinner: Treat Yourself to Subway! (points vary based on your choices)
Breakfast: Apple Pie Bagels
Lunch: Turkey Reuben
- 3 Slices Kraft Reduced Fat Swiss / 2 points
- Saurkraut / 0 points
- Sliced Pastrami Turkey (2 oz) / 2 points
- Arnold Rye Sandwich Thins / 3 Points
- Walden Farms Thousand Island Dressing / 0 points
Dinner: Chicken Parmesan
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast / 0 points
- 3 Slices Kraft Natural, Slim Mozzarella / 3 points
- Marinara Sauce / 4 points
- Whole-wheat pasta / 0 points
Breakfast: Pumpkin Banana Pancakes / 0 points
Lunch: Zucchini Boats
Slice zucchini in half, scoop out the middle into a boat shape, fill with sauce and cheese and roast in the oven.
- Use Marinara Sauce from Thursday / 4 points
- 1 slice Kraft Natural Slim Mozzarella / 1 point
- Zucchini / 0 points
Dinner: Bacon Mac and Cheese / 7 points
Breakfast: Yogurt Parfait
- Nonfat Yogurt, Plain / 0 points
- Pomegranate Seeds / 0 points
- Blueberries / 0 points
- Stevia / 0 points
- Toasted Plain Oats / 0 points
Lunch: Carrot Tarator Lettuce Wraps
- Carrot Tarator / 1 point
- Butter Lettuce
Other Tips For Your First Week on MyWW Purple
Join support groups on Facebook like our WW Purple Plan group. You will find others who are taking their lives back by eating healthier. There are like-minded individuals who are sharing recipes, their successes, their shortcomings and their struggles and are real people just like you.
On behalf of Smiley's Points and myself, we can't wait to get to know you! Tell me a fun fact about yourself or what excites you most about MyWW Purple!