15 Minute Easy Pan Seared Grouper with Lemon Butter Sauce
In 15 minutes, you can have this easy Pan Seared Grouper ready to serve your family. For a busy mom like me, that means EVERYTHING! I want to provide healthy, tasty food that will not only satisfy everyone's taste buds but also provide a healthy and balanced meal that will be beneficial for the whole family. This recipe for Pan Seared Grouper is a perfect example of how delicious and satisfying home-cooked meals can be. Not to mention, simple with minimal cleanup needed.
Why Should I Make Pan Seared Grouper?
Because of its versatility, grouper is considered one of the most popular fish as you can cook it in a variety of ways and with a variety of ingredients. If you are like me and hate having to pick the tiny bones out of your fish, this recipe will not be an issue! Lean and firm, it has large chunky flakes similar to crab with a sweet and mild flavor.
Can You Use Other Fish Instead Of Grouper?
Since I live in Florida, where grouper is so popular, I decided it would be the perfect fish to make with this recipe. It is also fairly easy to find in most areas. However, snapper, monkfish, and many other mild, yet firm, white fish can also be used if grouper is not available. There are many types of fish that fall into this category such as mahi-mahi, cod, black sea bass, snapper, and haddock.
Is Grouper Considered a Zero Point Food?
With everyone having different zero point foods, (read about the new PersonalPoints Plan) Fish & Seafood could be a zero point food for many people. Grouper IS on the list as one of the fish that would be eligible as a zero point food.
Why Should I Use A Cast Iron Skillet?
I absolutely love using cast iron skillets when I'm pan-searing fish or any kind of meat. The main reason I love it so much is that it's nonstick and easy to clean up. For cooking though, the iron allows the pan to heat more evenly, so you get a better sear on whatever it is you are cooking. Here is the cast iron cookware I used in cooking this recipe – but any large well-seasoned cast-iron skillet will work.
What Side Dishes Would Pair Well With Pan Seared Grouper?
For this recipe, I chose a simple arugula salad with cherry tomatoes, avocado and Skinnygirl Sugar Free Balsamic Vinaigrette. However, if you aren't a fan of arugula, here's a few other suggestions:
- Easy Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
- Roasted Artichoke and Mozzarella Salad
- Low Carb Creamed Spinach
- Roasted Apple and Cauliflower Mash with Crispy Brussels Sprouts
Looking For More WW Friendly Seafood Dishes?
- Shrimp and Broccoli Pasta
- Lemon Garlic Jumbo Shrimp
- Summer Crab Delight
- Kale Stuffed Salmon
- Brown Sugar Spiced Salmon
- Baked Salmon with Roasted Purple Potatoes & Golden Beets
How Many Points Are In This Recipe?
With the new PersonalPoints Plan, points can vary for each individual person based on their unique list of zero point foods. Points can also vary with different brands. Please use your recipe maker to determine your exact points.
Are You on WW Connect?
Find me on WW Connect @Sassycooking_Alyssa to see my full recipe list!
For me, my zero point foods include seafood and avocado, which makes this a low point recipe at only 4 points! Add in your points for the grouper and avocado if your zero point list does not include them and then the base points come from the butter and the white wine. It's simply up to what zero point foods are on your list.
- 4 c. baby arugula
- 1 medium avocado, chopped
- 2 c. cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 4 tbsp Skinnygirl Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 1 lbs. grouper or other white fish, cut into 4 pieces
- ¼ c. dry white wine
- 3 T. unsalted light butter
- 2 T. fresh lemon juice
- 1 t. lemon zest
- 4-6 fresh thyme sprigs
- Optional: ½ c. Fat Free Feta cheese, crumbled
- Combine the baby arugula, avocado, tomatoes, and Skinnygirl Balsamic Vinaigrette to a large salad bowl. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and toss to combine. Set aside.
- Place a large cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, spray with cooking oil spray enough to coat the bottom of the skillet. Add the fish and cook for 4-5 minutes, or until it releases easily from the bottom of the skillet.
- Turn the heat down to medium and flip each fillet. Cook for another 4-5 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork. Transfer to a platter and set aside.
- Deglaze the skillet by adding the white wine and gently scraping the bottom with a plastic spatula to release the browned bits. Add the butter, lemon juice, zest, and thyme sprigs. Generously season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine. Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until heated through. Remove from heat and discard the thyme stems in the sauce.
- Briefly return the fish to the skillet to absorb some of the warm butter sauce. Transfer to individual serving plates and spoon some of the pan sauce on top. Serve immediately with the avocado tomato salad topped with some crumbled Fat free feta cheese, if desired. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 554Total Fat 31gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 18gCholesterol 123mgSodium 348mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 6gSugar 15gProtein 43g
*This is an automatic calculation by a third party app*
You'll Need To Buy:
- Baby arugula
- 1 medium avocado
- cherry or grape tomatoes
- Skinnygirl Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 1 lbs. grouper or other white fish
- Dry white wine
- Unsalted light butter
- Fresh thyme sprigs
- Optional: Fat Free Feta cheese
Pin This Recipe for Later!
- 15 Minute Easy Pan Seared Grouper with Lemon Butter Sauce
- Easy Recipe For Citrus Maple Glazed Pork Chops
- Delicious! Crunchy Crusted Stuffed Salmon
- Magnificent Loaded Cauliflower Casserole
- Easy Shrimp and Broccoli Pasta
- Instant Pot Chicken and Bok Choy Soup
Sign Up For Our Email List and Get This Snazzy Weekly Wellness Planner with Daily/Weekly Trackers, Menu Planning, Fitness Tracker and more!