Looking for a meal that's both elegant and easy to make? Baked salmon with blackcurrant glaze is a show-stopping dish that's sure to impress your guests without requiring hours in the kitchen. Not only is it a beautiful centerpiece for any table, but the low-calorie glaze makes it a healthy choice for any occasion.
Savor the Sweet and Tangy Flavor of Baked Salmon with Blackcurrant Glaze
Are you tired of bland and boring meals that leave you feeling unsatisfied? Spice up your dinner routine with this low-calorie baked salmon with blackcurrant glaze! Not only is salmon a healthy and nutritious choice, but the tangy and sweet glaze will have you coming back for seconds.
Why Baked Salmon is a Nutritious Meal Option
Salmon is a nutrient-dense food that offers numerous health benefits. It's an excellent source of protein, which helps to build and repair muscles and tissues. Salmon is also rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which have been shown to reduce inflammation and improve heart health. In addition, salmon is a good source of vitamin D, which is essential for healthy bones and immune function.
How Do You Choose The Best Salmon Fillets?
To choose the best salmon at the grocery store, look for wild-caught salmon, which is generally considered to be the healthiest option. You can also opt for farmed salmon that is sustainably raised and free of antibiotics and other harmful additives.
The Low-Calorie and Flavorful Blackcurrant Glaze
The blackcurrant glaze is what sets this baked salmon recipe apart. It adds a tangy and sweet flavor that complements the savory salmon perfectly. Blackcurrants are a small, dark berry that are high in antioxidants, vitamin C, and fiber. Blackcurrant preserves are made by cooking down the berries with sugar and water, creating a sweet and thick spread that's perfect for glazing meat and fish. However, for this recipe, I've found a delicious brand that uses Stevia as a sweetener instead of sugar, making this great for a low point option!
How Do You Make The Glaze?
use a combination of blackcurrant preserves, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, and pepper to create the glaze. The result is a delicious and low-calorie topping that's bursting with flavor. One quarter cup of the Good Good Sweet Blackcurrant Jam has only 20 calories and 4 grams of sugar, making it a healthier alternative to traditional glazes that are often high in sugar and calories.
What Other Ways Can I Use This Glaze?
If you want to use the blackcurrant glaze in other recipes, here are some other ideas:
- Glaze for roasted vegetables: Drizzle the blackcurrant glaze over roasted vegetables such as carrots, Brussels sprouts, or sweet potatoes for a flavorful and healthy side dish.
- Sauce for meatballs: Combine the blackcurrant glaze with some tomato sauce and use it as a sweet and tangy topping for meatballs.
- Dip for appetizers: Use the blackcurrant glaze as a dip for appetizers such as chicken skewers or veggie sticks.
- Salad dressing: Mix the blackcurrant glaze with olive oil and vinegar to create a tangy and sweet salad dressing.
- Topping for yogurt or oatmeal: Spoon the blackcurrant glaze over Greek yogurt or oatmeal for a sweet and healthy breakfast.
- Marinade for tofu: Use the blackcurrant glaze as a marinade for tofu, then bake or grill it for a vegetarian or vegan meal option.
- Flavoring for cocktails: Use the blackcurrant glaze as a flavorful addition to cocktails, such as a blackcurrant martini or a blackcurrant spritzer.
How Many Points Are In This Recipe?
With the new Plan, points can vary for diabetics. Points can also vary with different brands. Please use your recipe maker to determine your exact points.
Are You on WW Connect?
Find me on WW Connect @Sassycooking_Alyssa to see my full recipe list!
Baked Salmon with Blackcurrant Glaze
Spice up your dinner routine with this low-calorie baked salmon with blackcurrant glaze! Not only is salmon a healthy and nutritious choice, but the tangy and sweet glaze will have you coming back for seconds.
- 4 Salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup no sugar added blackcurrant preserves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a small bowl, mix together the blackcurrant preserves, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, salt, and black pepper.
- Place the salmon fillets in a baking dish and spread the blackcurrant glaze over the top of each fillet.
- Bake the salmon for 15 minutes, or until the flesh flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove from the oven and let the salmon cool before serving with a sprinkling of fresh parsley on top.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 560Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 143mgSodium 478mgCarbohydrates 22gFiber 0gSugar 16gProtein 51g
*This is an automatic calculation by a third party app*
Baked salmon with blackcurrant glaze is a nutritious and delicious meal option that's perfect for those looking to manage their weight and incorporate healthier foods into their diet. By baking the salmon instead of frying or grilling it, you can preserve the nutrients and reduce the amount of added fat. The tangy and sweet blackcurrant glaze adds an extra layer of flavor that's sure to impress your taste buds. Give this recipe a try and let us know how you like it!
Other Salmon Recipes To Try:
Do You Have A Guide To Low Carb Living?
As a matter of fact, I do have a resource for that! For a very limited time, you can grab my fantastic and super-simple guide Low Carb Living Clarified E-Book for the amazingly low price of just… $3!
- Learn Exactly What A Low Carb Diet Is
- Discover The Benefits Of A Low Carb Diet
- Practical Advice On How To Start A Low Carb Diet
- Whether Or Not Low Carb Diets Are Safe
- And Much, Much More!