This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something I recommend, it changes nothing for you, but it supports my family and makes me do a happy dance! Thanks.
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. In fact, there is a reason why so many people enjoy having breakfast for dinner! When you think of breakfast, if you are anything like me, you think of a nice stack of pancakes dripping with syrupy goodness and a big side of bacon and eggs. This easy WW breakfast recipe for pancakes is one you NEED to print out and stick up on the fridge.
Need An Easy WW Breakfast Recipe?
Start your day off right, with a meal that will give you the energy to get through the morning. Indulge in a wonderful breakfast that is healthy and tastes great!
Add Fruit to Your Pancakes
Thanks to the Zero Point Foods List on all 3 WW Plans, fruit is a great way to add flavor bombs to your breakfast. While I was reading the first recipe for the pumpkin banana pancakes, FoodWineSunshine suggests making your own syrup using nothing but berries and their natural juices.
How Do I Make My Own Berry Syrup?
When I discovered how easy this recipe for Berry Syrup was, I immediately started to think of all the ways I could incorporate this into my other recipes!
- Start with blueberries, quartered strawberries and a splash of water in a coffee cup.
- Cover the cup with a paper towel to prevent the blueberries from exploding all over the inside of your microwave.
- Microwave for about 30 seconds and stir.
- If you need more time, microwave in 10-second increments until it reaches the consistency you are looking for.
Pro Tip: I am a huge fan of combining blackberries and blueberries. Use blackberries in place of strawberries for a “Bruise Berry Syrup”.
What Other Toppings Can I Put On Pumpkin Banana Pancakes?
There are a number of toppings you could choose to switch up the taste of your pancakes. Besides the berry syrup listed above, you could also have fresh fruit, fat free cool whip, a sprinkle of PB2, nuts, seeds… it all depends on what you like and the points you want to use.
However, I am a huge fan of Walden Farms Syrups. They offer a wide variety of flavors that have no calories, no fat, no carbs, no gluten and no sugar. That's right, none of that yucky stuff and all the good flavor and ZERO POINTS.
You may find a few of these already in your local stores or Walmart, but you can also purchase directly from their site.
- Maple Bacon Syrup (How Perfect!)
- Chocolate Syrup
- Caramel Syrup
- Pancake Syrup
- Blueberry Syrup
- Maple Walnut Syrup
- Strawberry Syrup
The syrup bottles listed above are $4.99 each for a 12 oz bottle. For the first 10 items, shipping is $8.95, 11-20 items another $8.95 shipping charge, 21-30 is another $8.95 and so on. For the best deal, cooperate with others in the area to split an order with you to maximize your value.
Check out the rest of their website as well. They offer salad dressings, coffee creamers, dessert dips, veggie/chip dips, BBQ sauces, Italian sauces, flavored Mayonaisses, fruit spreads, peanut spreads, ketchup, cocktails sauce and more!
Can I substitute fresh pumpkin for canned pumpkin?
Yes, you can substitute fresh pumpkin for canned pumpkin at the same measurements. In fact, making fresh pumpkin puree is so simple, there's really no reason not to use it fresh if it's in season. Check out this video below to see the comparison.
How Do I Make Pumpkin Banana Pancakes?
Makes 10 Silver Dollar Sized Pancakes
Pumpkin Banana Pancakes
- 1 Banana
- 2 Eggs
- ½ cup Pumpkin Puree
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Mash the banana into the pumpkin puree until they are well combined.
- Crack the eggs into the mixture, adding in the cinnamon and vanilla. Stir well to combine all the ingredients.
- Heat your non-stick skillet on medium heat and spray with your favorite cooking spray.
- Sprinkle a little water into the pan, if it sizzles, your pan is hot enough to cook.
- Pour the batter into little silver dollar sized pancakes.
- Allow the pancakes to cook about a minute per side. You will know to flip them when you see them start to bubble up.
- When cooked through, remove from the pan onto a plate.
- Top with your toppings of choice and serve warm.