These spicy black bean tacos are the perfect weight watcher friendly meal, and you'll love how simple they are to make! They're also wonderful for Meatless Mondays, plus they're gluten-free and can be a great last-minute meal when you're in a crunch for time and hungry.
Spicy Black Bean Taco Wraps with Fresh Guacamole
This particular recipe comes together super quickly (around 20 minutes start to finish if you are moderately fast) and it doesn't skimp on flavor. This is a spicy black bean taco wrap that is stuffed with fresh ingredients including a quick guacamole and spicy mango salsa! You can even use this as a dip for jalapeno cheddar crisps.
What Beans Are Good For Tacos?
For this recipe, we are using black beans. In my humble opinion, black beans are the best for tacos. However, if you are looking for a substitute for black beans you can also use red kidney beans, pinto beans, chickpeas, or any kind of bean that you prefer. Just be aware that it will alter the taste a bit.
Are Canned Black Beans Healthy?
Canned black beans are a rich source of soluble fiber, which can help slow the rate at which your body absorbs sugar. This, in turn, helps regulate your blood sugar level and reduce your risk of developing Type-2 diabetes. An added benefit of this, is that it reduces the amount of insulin your body produces and insulin resistance reduces your risk of developing other diseases like heart attack or stroke. Canned black beans are also a source of several essential minerals and vitamins, including potassium and folate.
Can I Use Dried Black Beans?
I often get the question, Do black beans need to be presoaked before cooking? This is a great question and the answer is no, they don't have to be presoaked. That being said, I presoak mine because it ends up making a big difference in the taste and texture of your finished dish. There are three main reasons I soak them: 1 – it speeds up the cook time 2 – it helps the beans cook more evenly 3 – it makes them easier to digest. When you're ready to cook them, add the beans to a pot with garlic, onion, red pepper flakes and the juice of a lime. Pour in just enough water to cover the beans with about 3 inches of room above them. Simmer for about 2 hours and then they are good to go!
Do Black Beans Make You Poop?
Beans, beans, they're good for your heart — the more you eat, the more you… wait, that's not right. What is it about beans that makes your stomach rumble? The rhyme applies to the fiber packed in each serving of beans. Beans contain soluble fiber and insoluble fiber, keeping things moving along the digestive tract.
How Do You Make Black Bean Tacos?
What You Need:
- 15 oz Can of Black Beans
- Red Bell Pepper
- Romaine Lettuce
- Mango Salsa (Can buy in a jar or use my recipe for homemade spicy mango salsa)
- Ground Cumin
- Chili Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Cayenne Pepper
- Dried Mexican Oregano
- Fresh Cilantro
What variations are there for black bean tacos?
What are some alternatives to lettuce wraps for these black bean tacos?
- You can serve it over cooked brown rice or even cauliflower rice for a vegetarian burrito bowl! Use a low point cheese or cilantro lime sauce to drizzle on top.
- You can also go the traditional route with tortillas, low carb wraps or folio wraps.
How Many Points Are In This Recipe?
With the new PersonalPoints Plan, points can vary for each individual person based on their unique list of zero point foods. Points can also vary with different brands. Please use your recipe maker to determine your exact points.
Are You on WW Connect?
Find me on WW Connect @Sassycooking_Alyssa to see my full recipe list!
- 1 15-oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 T. water
- 1 t. ground cumin
- ½ t. chili powder
- 1 t. smoked paprika
- ¼ t. cayenne pepper
- ¼ t. dried Mexican oregano
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Optional: ½ medium red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 large ripe avocados, pitted
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 3 T. fresh lime juice
- 2 T. fresh cilantro, minced
- ½ medium jalapeño, finely diced
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Mango Salsa
- Iceberg, butter, or Romaine lettuce leaves for wrapping
Other Recipes You Should Try:
- Dynamite Sides: Spicy Mango Salsa Recipe
- Best Recipe For Black Bean Tacos for Weight Watchers
- Low Fat Creamed Spinach with Caramelized Onions
- Savory Peach Compote
- The Best Grilled Chipotle Lime Shrimp Recipe Around
- Top 10 Foods That Make You Feel Fuller for Longer
Sign Up For Our Email List and Get This Snazzy Weekly Wellness Planner with Daily/Weekly Trackers, Menu Planning, Fitness Tracker and more!