Thanks to the Zero Point foods, this is the best minestrone soup you will want to add as a mealtime staple for all myWW Plans. Keep reading to learn the best way to make this in advance for meal prep and also to serve right after it's finished.
Hearty Minestrone Soup Recipe for WW
Enjoy a bowl of this satisfying and delicious combination of vegetables, protein rich beans and whole wheat pasta. This recipe is incredibly forgiving and you can add in or take out anything that you choose. If you have extra veggies that you need to use up, toss them in the pot for a weight watchers minestrone soup that will knock your socks off!
Where did Minestrone Soup come from?
Minestrone Soup is a delicious soup made from fresh, seasonal vegetables served with either pasta or rice. This Italian soup does not have a set recipe because it is based on what is available in season.
The word “minestrone” has become a synonym for “a mix of all things” with the basis of this word having Latin roots meaning “Minus” and “Largeness”, refers to the fact that this soup is comprised of leftovers from other meals thrown together to reduce food waste.
Can Minestrone Soup Be Frozen?
When you are doing your weekly meal prep, it can be a great idea to have meals in the freezer ready to go. Just be careful that you are using freezer-safe containers. The key is to use a high-quality glass container with an airtight seal.
What is the difference between Pasta e Fagioli and Minestrone?
Pasta e Fagioli translates to “Pasta and Beans” and while it often has herbs, onions, garlic or tomatoes for flavor, it does not have the other vegetables which would make it a minestrone soup.
Interested in other Easy Soup Recipes?
Check out my other recipes!
How do you thicken minestrone soup?
If you have a soup that does not contain any meat bones, you can use a handheld blender to thicken it. This method works especially well if you have starchy add-ins like beans or potatoes.
If a handheld blender is not available, you can use a potato masher or pour part in a regular blender for the same effect.
*Pro Tip: If you cook the pasta separately, it helps to maintain the chew of the pasta instead of it turning in to a pile of mush.
How Do I Make Minestrone Soup?
6 Points on WW Green Plan
4 Points on WW Blue Plan
1 Points on WW Purple Plan
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2-3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 medium carrots, finely chopped
- 3 large stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 28- oz. can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15.5 oz. can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 4 cups fat free, low sodium chicken broth
- 2 whole bay leaves
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary leaves, finely chopped (or 1 t. dried)
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, or 1 t. dried
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano leaves, or 1 t. dried
- ½ tbsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups Whole Wheat Fusilli pasta
- 2 cups fresh green beans, cut into ½” pieces
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- ¼ c. fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Press Saute on the Instant Pot and add in the garlic with nonstick cooking spray, stirring occasionally, for 2-3 minutes or just until the garlic starts to turn golden brown.
- Add in the chopped onion, carrot, and celery and cook for another 4-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until vegetables are soft and tender.
- Add all remaining ingredients except for the pasta to pot and stir to combine.
- *Add Parmesan cheese rind, if desired
- Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, Add in the pasta last before you secure the lid on the instant pot and set manual pressure for 4 minutes.
- Quick release pressure and remove cover, add additional chicken broth if necessary.
- To serve, divide arugula among individual serving bowls and top with hot soup. Top with chopped parsley and freshly grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
**If you are making this meal ahead, make the pasta separately.
Nutrition InformationServing Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g
Do you want to store this for later?
Store the pasta in ziploc bags in your fridge. The soup should be kept in an airtight container in the freezer. When you reheat the soup, add the pasta just before serving.
What are the Best Tools to Conquer Emotional Eating?
I have found that one of the best tools to conquer emotional eating is to have accountability for my actions. This course includes a workbook with over 25 pages to learn all aspects of why you are eating the way you are, how to conquer emotional eating and tools and resources to use along the way. When you purchase this course, you also get access to an online support group and emails every 3 days for at least a month for additional support!
For A Limited Time: Use Code “SASSY” to Save $10!
That's right!! Now for only $27 You Can Jumpstart Your Way To Conquer Your Emotional Eating For Good!