Just because you are following a healthier lifestyle, doesn't mean you need to completely give up your sweet tooth! If you are anything like my husband, sweets are his life. I knew that in order for our family to be successful following MyWW with a keto mindset, I would need to find treats that he could enjoy without using up his daily macros for carbs. Then I discovered a way to make this delicious chocolate mousse with only a few ingredients and it's done relatively quickly.
What is the Best Low Carb Chocolate Mousse?
Trust me when I say I have tried a lot of different chocolate mousse recipes and this is by far my favorite. It amazes me that when you stick to simple ingredients, not overly complicated either. Traditionally, a chocolate mousse recipe has multiple steps that involve a lot of steps, dirty dishes and then waiting while the mixture cools in the fridge.
Do I need a mixer for this recipe?
While it will definitely be easier if you have a stand mixer, you can easily use a regular whisk to whip up this mousse by hand. Regardless of what tools you use, if you choose to make your own whipped topping, pay attention when whipping the cream to ensure that it gets nice and thick. This whipped topping is the base of the mousse and you want it to have a nice thick base for the best texture at the end.
What Sweetener is Best For Keto?
In this recipe, I use Whole Earth Stevia Leaf & Monk Fruit as my sweetener. If you prefer Splenda, I recommend Splenda Naturals with Stevia. Both of these brands are interchangeable for me, as neither of them tend to have that weird, bitter after taste. There are liquid sweeteners that are made with stevia and monkfruit but for the purpose of this recipe, the liquid would make your mousse too runny.
How Do You Make Low Carb Chocolate Mousse?
This recipe is one that you will want to save to your pinterest board for later, because you'll make it over and over again! You can customize it with various toppings or sugar free syrups to change the flavors too. If you opt for full fat dairy, it can be sticker shock to see the points. Keep in mind that with tracking, the best part about WW, you can have your treats without the guilt! This is what your weeklies are for!
How Many Points Are In This Recipe?
With the new PersonalPoints Plan, points can vary for each individual person based on their unique list of zero point foods. Points can also vary with different brands. Please use your recipe maker to determine your exact points.
Are You on WW Connect?
Find me on WW Connect @Sassycooking_Alyssa to see my full recipe list!
- 1¼ cup fat free half and half
- 1¼ cup Non Fat Whipped Topping
- 6 oz. high-quality semi-sweet chocolate chips or baking chocolate
- ¼ cup Stevia Monkfruit or Sweetner of choice
- 2 large eggs
- Optional: 1 t. orange zest
- Heat 1 cup of half and half with chocolate chips over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until chips have melted. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, beat eggs and sweetener with a hand-held mixer at medium speed for 3-minutes.
- While mixing on the same setting as above, slowly add the melted chocolate mixture to the egg mixture. Stir in the orange zest, if using. Once combined, pour back into the pan used to melt the chocolate. Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly before transferring to the refrigerator to chill for 2 hours.
- Once chilled, Gently fold the non fat whipped topping into the chocolate mixture until thoroughly combined. The mixture should have a fluffy consistency. .
- To serve, spoon chocolate mousse into a piping bag and pipe into small dessert dishes. Top with whipped cream and maraschino cherries or mandarin oranges, if desired. Enjoy!
*Tip: The orange zest adds a really nice pop of flavor to this recipe.
Optional, to serve:
Whipped cream, maraschino cherries, and/or mandarin orange slices
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g
Do You Have A Guide To Low Carb Living?
As a matter of fact, I do have a resource for that! For a very limited time, you can grab my fantastic and super-simple guide Low Carb Living Clarified E-Book for the amazingly low price of just… $3!
- Learn Exactly What A Low Carb Diet Is
- Discover The Benefits Of A Low Carb Diet
- Practical Advice On How To Start A Low Carb Diet
- Whether Or Not Low Carb Diets Are Safe
- And Much, Much More!
What Other Recipes Do You Have?
I'm glad you asked! There are several recipes on my blog that you can enjoy!
- How To Make Crustless Chicken Parmesan Pizza
- Easy myWW Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe
- Healthy Meal Prep using Lemon Chicken and Broccoli
- Low Carb Reuben Casserole
- Chinese Food on MyWW: Egg Roll In A Bowl
- 5 WW Friendly Recipes For Lunch in a Bowl
Sign Up For Our Email List and Get This Snazzy Weekly Wellness Planner with Daily/Weekly Trackers, Menu Planning, Fitness Tracker and more!