Today's recipe is a delicious and healthy BLT salad with Creamy Sriracha dressing. The BLT salad is a twist on the classic sandwich that's made up of a slice of bacon, lettuce, and tomato. But for this recipe, we're adding in some extra flavor by using Sriracha as our dressing.
How To Make An Epic Healthy Lunch: A Recipe for The BLT Bowl
Every Monday through Friday, we have the same routine. We grab our laptops and head to an office for the day. If you’re like us, then you probably dread getting up every morning around the same time. It gets so monotonous, and your weekends start to feel empty. To make things easier on ourselves and everyone around us, we need to think of ways to avoid eating at a traditional office cafeteria as much as possible. That means making lunch more often than not. But just because we have to eat it at work doesn’t mean that it has to be unhealthy! In fact, with today’s recipe for The BLT Bowl, you can enjoy some of your favorite foods while staying healthy at the same time!
Can I Substitute Bacon For Something Else?
Swapping regular bacon for turkey bacon can lower your sodium and saturated fat intake and boost your protein consumption. Alternatively, you can substitute mushrooms cooked down with a little Worcestershire sauce and garlic for a meaty flavor without the actual meat. Lastly, Prosciutto is a great option if you want something more flavorful than just ham. It's also high in protein and potassium, which can help keep you energized throughout the day.
What Can I Add to a BLT Bowl?
Eggs are a staple in any healthy diet, and they're perfect for this recipe. They can help to bind all the ingredients together and make it more filling. Avocado is a great source of healthy fats, and it also adds a nice flavor to the sandwich. You can use either diced or sliced avocados for this recipe.
What is Sriracha?
Sriracha is a versatile sauce that can be used in a variety of dishes. It has a spicy, tangy, and slightly sweet flavor that goes well with both meat and vegetables. Add it to the creamy mayo with a squeeze of fresh lemon juice for a delicious dressing for your BLT Bowl!
How Many Points Are In This Recipe?
With the new Weight Watchers Plan, points can vary for diabetics. Points can also vary with different brands. Please use your recipe maker to determine your exact points.
Are You on WW Connect?
Find me on WW Connect @Sassycooking_Alyssa to see my full recipe list!
- 2 slices Turkey Bacon
- 2 oz Cherry Tomatoes (sliced in half)
- Iceberg Lettuce (or your choice of greens)
- 1 Tbsp Fat-Free Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp Sriracha
- 1 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- chopped chives (optional)
- Salt and Pepper
- In a serving bowl, toss together your lettuce of choice, the chopped bacon, and tomato. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl mix mayonnaise with a dash or two of Sriracha and lemon juice. Add this to your bowl as a dressing.
- Top with the chopped chives to your liking
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 101Total Fat 5gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 26mgSodium 899mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 2gSugar 6gProtein 6g
*This is an automatic calculation by a third party app*
- WeightWatchers' Bold New Direction: “We Got It Wrong”
- Indulge in Heavenly Bar Recipes with Cream Cheese!
- Tips To Encourage Your Older Loved Ones To Eat Healthily
- 3 Reasons To Love Baked Brie with Cranberries and Walnuts
- The Science Behind Vegetable Gardens: Tips for Growing Healthy Meals
- Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce
Sign Up For Our Email List and Get This Starter Guide for Emotionally Healthy Eating!