This is one recipe you need to print out and store for an easy weeknight dinner. Maple-Balsamic Boneless Pork Chops can be made in under 20 minutes, which means hungry families and busy parents can sit down for a delicious and healthy meal with very little effort. I recommend making extra of the maple-balsamic glaze, it can be used in a variety of ways, keep reading to see how!
Maple-Balsamic Boneless Pork Chops
The points in this dish are mainly coming from the pork, but it's low enough in points that this is a dish that can easily be added to your weekly meal prep. There may only be a few ingredients but balsamic vinegar and maple are both flavor powerhouse ingredients that amp up anything they are combined with. Let's take a look at the ingredients and see what makes this meal so good for you!
Is Balsamic Vinegar Healthy?
While balsamic vinegar does have points after a certain amount, there are a number of studies that suggest it has numerous health benefits including weight loss, higher stability in blood sugar after meals and lower cholesterol.
Balsamic vinegar is also high in polyphenols which is a powerful antioxident. This helps your digestion by breaking down protein into amino acids. The effect being a higher metabolism.
Can I substitute Chicken for Pork?
If you aren't a fan of pork chops, you can substitute boneless, skinless chicken breasts for this recipe. In fact, by making this substitution, if chicken is on your zero points list for personalpoints, you are saving 4 points per serving making it only 3 Points for your dinner!
What side dishes go well with Maple-Balsamic glaze?
Personally, I'm a huge fan of brussels sprouts and pork chops. Check out my recipe for Roasted Brussels Sprouts with a Maple-Balsamic Glaze it's only 2 points per serving whether you are on the myww purple, myww green or myww blue plan. An added bonus is that it's the same glaze used in this recipe which will save you time while preparing this meal! You can also use this glaze on other roasted vegetables like asparagus, broccoli, carrots or green beans. There are several easy myww friendly side dishes as well.
What other side dishes pair well with pork?
If you aren't a fan of Brussels sprouts or don't want to use the glaze for your side dish as well, then perhaps you would like these side dishes instead:
- Broccoli Stir Fry
- Roasted Apple and Cauliflower Mash with Crispy Brussels Sprouts
- Low Carb Creamed Spinach
- Zucchini & Crispy Onions
- Potato Parsnip Mash
For more easy side dishes
check out my post: Best Side Dishes for MyWW.
Other Pork Chop Recipes:
How Many Points Are In This Recipe?
With the new PersonalPoints Plan, points can vary for each individual person based on their unique list of zero point foods. Points can also vary with different brands. Please use your recipe maker to determine your exact points.
Are You on WW Connect?
Find me on WW Connect @Sassycooking_Alyssa to see my full recipe list!
How do you make Maple-Balsamic Pork Chops?
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 Lean Boneless Pork Chops, 4 oz portions
- ½ cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 2½ tbsp Walden Farms Sugar Free Maple Walnut
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Add the olive oil to the cast iron skillet over medium-high heat
- Sprinkle both sides of the pork chops with salt and pepper. Spritz a little water in the skillet to make sure the pan is hot enough before adding the pork chops to the pan.
- Brown pork on each side, it should take approximately 3 minutes per side.
- Remove pork chops from the pan and set aside.
- Add the balsamic vinegar and maple syrup until it starts to boil, stirring constantly.
- Once it boils, reduce heat and cook until it reduces to 1/3 of its original volume and is thick like a syrup.
- Add the pork chops back into the skillet (any run-off juice included) and cook for a final 1-2 minutes before serving on a plate with a drizzle of the remaining sauce.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g
Like This Recipe? Check out more!
Sign Up For Our Email List and Get This Starter Guide for Emotionally Healthy Eating!
Do You Have A Guide To Low Carb Living?
As a matter of fact, I do have a resource for that! For a very limited time, you can grab my fantastic and super-simple guide Low Carb Living Clarified E-Book for the amazingly low price of just… $3!
- Learn Exactly What A Low Carb Diet Is
- Discover The Benefits Of A Low Carb Diet
- Practical Advice On How To Start A Low Carb Diet
- Whether Or Not Low Carb Diets Are Safe
- And Much, Much More!