One of my absolute favorite dinners growing up is when my mother would make stuffed peppers. However, I would always eat the inside “stuffing” and just pick at the giant pepper on the outside. As an adult, I decided I was going to make it the way I wanted, 90% filling and 10% pepper and it evolved into this delicious stuffed pepper soup that is just so warm and comforting.
Instant Pot Inside Out Stuffed Peppers
The best part about this recipe for Instant Pot Inside Out Stuffed Peppers is that it only takes about a half hour to put together. This is a quick, simple recipe that can easily be made in advance and portioned out for meals throughout the week as well. This is one of several recipes that I make often for my family and usually make enough for leftovers so that I have easy to grab lunches for the next few days.
What Other Meals Can I Make For Easy Meal Prep?
- Egg Roll in a Bowl
- Broccoli Stir Fry
- Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps
- Chicken Shawarma Lettuce Wraps
- Instant Pot Garden Vegetable Soup
- Easy Mediterranean Quinoa Salad
- Chamoy Chicken Chili
- Minestrone Soup
- Avocado Tuna Salad
- Carrot Tarator (Turkish Carrot Dip)
- Roasted Heirloom Tomato Soup
Can I Substitute A Different Protein?
To be as myWW friendly as possible, I use 98-99% fat free ground chicken. However, you are welcome to use any kind of ground protein that you choose for this recipe. It would work just as well with ground beef, ground pork, ground turkey or you could go for plant based proteins as well. Just be mindful of the point values if you decide to go in a different direction.
How Can I Make This Low Carb?
As a diabetic on myww, I try to make meals that are as low in carbs as possible to maintain my blood sugar levels. An easy swap to make would be to switch the brown rice in this recipe for a cauliflower rice. You will still get the same textural component in the dish as you would from the brown rice, but it won't have such a harsh effect on your glucose levels.
Can I Make This On The Stove?
If you do not have an instant pot, then you can absolutely make this recipe on the stove. The only real difference is that instead of putting the lid on and using the pressure cooking method, you would simply bring it to a boil, then reduce it to a simmer for 30 minutes.
Tips and Suggestions For This Recipe
- Change up the amount of rice in the recipe to either thin out or thicken the soup.
- If you plan to make this in advance and store it, cook the rice separately.
- Spice up this recipe with red pepper flakes, poblano peppers or jalapeno peppers.
*Points were accurate at the time of posting.
Please refer to your app and your own ingredients to verify points.*
Instant Pot Inside Out Stuffed Peppers
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ medium red onion diced
- 2 large bell peppers seeded and diced
- 2 tsp garlic powder minced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 lbs lean ground chicken
- 3½ cup beef or chicken broth low sodium
- 1 28- oz can crushed tomatoes with liquid
- 1 cup long-grain brown rice uncooked
- 3 tbsp fresh parsley chopped
- Add olive oil to Instant Pot® and select the Sauté function. Set to high and once the display reads “hot,” add red onion, bell peppers, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and cook, stirring continually, until the onions and pepper soften and develop a bit of color, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Transfer veggie mixture to a medium bowl. Add ground chicken and brown for 3-4 minutes, or until no longer pink inside, stirring occasionally. Turn the unit off and carefully drain any excess fat from the container.
- Pour sautéed veggies on top of the browned beef. Add broth, crushed tomatoes, and brown rice. Stir to combine and season with salt and black pepper, as desired.
- Add the lid and set the pressure valve to “sealing.” Select the “Manual” cooking option on the high setting and set cook time to 20 minutes. When done cooking, allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes, and then do a quick release for any remaining pressure.
- To serve, transfer soup to individual bowls and garnish with fresh chopped parsley, if desired. Enjoy!
Sign Up For Our Email List and Get This Snazzy Weekly Wellness Planner with Daily/Weekly Trackers, Menu Planning, Fitness Tracker and more!