The recipe for Mississippi Pot Roast has become a viral sensation on Tiktok and other social media platforms, and if you haven't tried it yet… you MUST. It's the kind of sandwich that you crave when the weather gets colder and food warms your soul. The best part? This easy instant pot recipe is so simple, my 10 year old daughter was the one who made it first in our house!
How to Make Mississippi Pot Roast in the Instant Pot – The Best Way to Enjoy a Delicious and EASY Meal
The Best Way to Enjoy a Delicious and EASY meal without having to stand over a stove all day. The instant pot is one of the most popular kitchen appliances that almost everyone owns. It's so versatile, you can make just about anything in it! This instant pot Mississippi roast recipe is an easy weeknight dinner that your family will love. It's delicious, comforting, and has a nice kick from the pepperoncini. All you have to do is follow these simple instructions, put in your ingredients, and wait until it's done cooking. And that's it!
Ingredients You Need
While you may have most of this already in your pantry and fridge, here's a list of the ingredients you will need to make instant pot Mississippi Pot Roast.
- Lean and Trimmed Flank Steak (about 3 lbs)
- Pepperoncinis (A jar with the juice)
- Beef Broth
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Ranch Dressing Mix (I prefer Hidden Valley, but any brand will do)
- Au Jus Mix (I prefer McCormick)
Can Mississippi Pot Roast be made in a slow cooker?
Almost all instant pot recipes can be converted for use in the instant pot. The cook time will be considerably longer, but the flavor is just as good! For this recipe, you still want to brown the roast on all sides first for the best results, but then just dump all the ingredients in to your crock pot, set it on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours. Be sure to check your meat for desired doneness and that it shreds easily with a fork. That's how you know it's done!
Can I Make Mississippi Pot Roast in the Oven?
The key to making this Mississippi Pot Roast in the oven is to use a dutch oven or a heavy pot with a lid. Then it's very similar to how you would make Mississippi Pot Roast in a crock pot. Start with the dutch oven on the stove, browning the roast on all sides. Then add in the rest of your ingredients and place into a preheated oven, 350 degrees for about 3 hours.
If you are looking for the best way to serve this, it's really only limited to your imagination. One of the popular ways to serve would be to make large sandwiches on rolls or Mississippi Pot Roast Sliders with small buns and pile the meat on with a little of the juice on top and shredded cheese. These are also great for a party! Another way would be to serve with mashed potatoes, mashed cauliflower or over rice.
If you want something light to go with this, an Orange Pomegranate Salad has a lovely sweet and tart citrus dressing that will balance the flavors of the spicy bite of the meat.
Tips for Making the Best Instant Pot Mississippi Pot Roast
- By using Flank Steak, you are getting a leaner cut of meat for less points. You can use any kind of beef roast that you like.
- If you like your pot roast to have a thicker sauce, reduce the water and beef broth by 1/4 cup each.
- If you like your pot roast to have a thinner sauce, add 1/4 cup more of each.
- If you like a spicier bite to your pot roast, add more pepperoncinis.
- If you like a sweeter bite to your pot roast, substitute the pepperoncini juice for more beef broth.
- If you like your pot roast to taste more like a stew, you can reduce the amount of liquid.
How Many Points Are In This Recipe?
With the new Weight Watchers Plan, points can vary for diabetics. Points can also vary with different brands. Please use your recipe maker to determine your exact points.
Are You on WW Connect?
Find me on WW Connect @Sassycooking_Alyssa to see my full recipe list!
- Non stick Coking Spray
- 3 lbs Lean Flank Steak
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup pepperoncini juice from jar
- ¾ cup reduced sodium beef broth
- 1 tbsp reduced sodium Worcestershire sauce
- 1 package of ranch dressing mix
- 1 package of Au Jus mix
- 9 pepperoncinis whole
- Set Instant Pot to Saute and once it reads Hot, use non stick cooking spray before adding your flank steak in chunks.
- Brown meat the chunks of steak, careful to avoid overcrowding. Once done, set aside.
Add water and scrape to deglaze the bottom of the pot.
- Pour in beef broth, pepperoncini juice, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Stir ranch dressing mix, and Au Jus mix.
- Turn off Saute mode.
- Add the flank steak back in with pepperoncinis.
- Lock the lid and set the valve to sealing.
- Press Manual for 60 minutes on High and let natural release for 15 minutes after the timer beeps.
- Release the remaining pressure and remove the lid.
- Remove pepperoncinis and shredded meat with 2 forks.
- Serve with the juice leftover in the pot however you wish!
Suggested as sandwiches or served on top of mashed potatoes, rice or cauliflower rice.
Nutrition InformationYield 9 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 338Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 120mgSodium 1356mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 1gSugar 6gProtein 43g
*This is an automatic calculation by a third party app*
What are the Best Tools to Conquer Emotional Eating?
Are you looking to Conquer Emotional Eating For Good? Start with my FREE printable workbook! With pages to help you learn your triggers and work through them, with tips and advice to move past emotional eating, the workbook is the perfect place to get started!