Craving a luscious Alfredo sauce without the guilt? Look no further! Our Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce recipe combines fat-free cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, and the nutritional powerhouse cauliflower to create a heavenly, healthier alternative perfect for Weight Watchers followers and veggie lovers alike. Read on for a scrumptious, easy-to-make recipe that's bound to satisfy your taste buds without breaking your diet!
Guilt-Free Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce: A Delicious and Nutritious Weight Watchers Friendly Recipe
Tired of feeling guilty every time you crave that rich, creamy bowl of pasta? Look no further! We've got the perfect solution for all you Weight Watchers followers and health-conscious foodies out there. Our scrumptious Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce combines fat-free cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, and everyone's favorite cruciferous veggie – cauliflower – to create a mouthwatering dish that's as nutritious as it is delicious. Say goodbye to those heavy cream-laden sauces and hello to this waistline-friendly delight!
Benefits of Using Cauliflower in Alfredo Sauce
It's time to give cauliflower the spotlight it deserves. Low in calories, high in fiber, and packed with vitamins, cauliflower is a true superfood. But it's not just the health benefits that make this cruciferous gem a star in our Alfredo sauce. Cauliflower's subtle, nutty flavor and velvety texture make it the perfect ingredient to achieve a creamy consistency without adding extra fat. Plus, it won't wreak havoc on your Weight Watchers points – it's a win-win situation!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Tips and Tricks:
- Want a silky-smooth sauce? Strain the cottage cheese or use a high-powered blender to ensure there are no lumps.
- Customize the sauce's thickness by adjusting the amount of vegetable puree, water, or broth.
- Enhance the flavor by adding more garlic, herbs, or spices to suit your taste buds.
- Get creative with add-ins like sautéed mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, or a sprinkle of red pepper flakes for some heat.
Our Cauliflower Alfredo Sauce is a game-changer for anyone looking to enjoy a creamy, satisfying dish without the guilt. Perfect for Weight Watchers followers and health-conscious eaters alike, this recipe is proof that you don't have to sacrifice flavor for nutrition. So grab your apron, gather your ingredients, and get ready to whip up a dish that's sure to impress your friends, family, and taste buds! And don't forget to explore our blog for more healthy and delicious recipes to keep your culinary journey exciting and nutritious.
How Many Points Are In This Recipe?
With the new Weight Watchers Plan, points can vary for diabetics. Points can also vary with different brands. Please use your recipe maker to determine your exact points.
Are You on WW Connect?
Find me on WW Connect @Sassycooking_Alyssa to see my full recipe list!
- 1 cup Fat-Free cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup Nonfat Plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup grated Publix Reduced Fat Parmesan Style Cheese
- 3 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup Cooked and Pureed Cauliflowerr
- 1 tablespoon chopped Fresh parsley (optional)
- Prepare the pureed cauliflowe: Steam or boil until it's soft and tender. Drain any excess liquid, set it aside and let it cool for a few minutes. Puree the cauliflower using a blender, food processor, or immersion blender until smooth. You may need to add a little of the excess liquid back in to make it smooth and creamy.
In a blender or food processor, combine the fat-free cottage cheese, fat-free Greek yogurt, Parmesan cheese, minced garlic, onion powder, and the cauliflower puree. Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
Taste the sauce and season with salt and black pepper, adjusting as needed.
Pour the blended sauce mixture into the saucepan and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, or until heated through. If the sauce becomes too thick as it heats, you can add a bit more of the excess liquid from earlier to thin it out.
Remove the saucepan from the heat and serve over your choice of pasta, vegetables or protein!
Finish with fresh parsley if you would like!
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 182Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 32mgSodium 788mgCarbohydrates 9gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 16g
*This is an automatic calculation by a third party app*
What are the Best Tools to Conquer Emotional Eating?
Are you looking to Conquer Emotional Eating For Good? Start with my FREE printable workbook! With pages to help you learn your triggers and work through them, with tips and advice to move past emotional eating, the workbook is the perfect place to get started!