Low Carb Creamed Spinach
Do you want to eat a low carb creamed spinach? I tend to focus my efforts on eating healthier by choosing low carb dishes that are full of flavor and yet still delicious for my family. The best part of this recipe is that it only takes 15 minutes from start to finish! That means you can make it in time for dinner tonight without any hassle. So what are you waiting for? Get cooking today with our easy-to-follow instructions
Best Recipe for Low Carb Creamed Spinach
My husband is obsessed with this low carb creamed spinach recipe and I can't say that I blame him. It's rich and creamy, but it's something that can be high in points, so it may not be something to make often unless you make other adjustments.
This is the best recipe for low carb creamed spinach that I've discovered. It's simple to make and absolutely delicious. I've also found that while it's tasty, it's also really healthy and can be used as a base for several other recipes as well! Let's get into some nutrition facts real quick, just so you can see how healthy it really is!
What are the health benefits of eating spinach?
One cup of cooked spinach has approximately 7 grams of carbs, with 4 grams of fiber. This means that spinach has 3 net grams of carbs.
In just one cup of spinach, you receive your daily amount of vitamin K, which is essential to strong bones. There's also vitamin A and C for your immune system and healthy skin.
Can creamed spinach be frozen?
If you happen to have leftover creamed spinach, (which is unheard of in our house, but hey, things happen!) or if you want to make creamed spinach in advance, Creamed spinach can be frozen and used up to 3 months afterwards. How do you reheat creamed spinach? Well, when the time comes to reheat it, make sure you let it thaw in the fridge overnight. The next day, reheat it in a 350° oven or you can pop it in the microwave if you choose.
Can creamed spinach be made in oven/slow cooker/instant pot/microwave
Can creamed spinach be made without cream cheese/heavy cream?
If you want to lighten up this recipe, you can swap out the cream cheese and heavy cream for alternative ingredients. Just remember it will affect the texture and flavor of the dish.
- 2 tbsp evaporated milk
- 4 tsps flour
- 1.5 cups of skim milk
- .5 cup of chicken broth
What should I serve this with?
When I made this recipe, I made it with my herb rubbed bone-in pork chops, but you can serve it with virtually any protein you choose and it will turn out delicious! It's one of those side dishes that compliments whatever you put on the plate with it.
What Other Recipes Can I Make with Creamed Spinach?
There are so many different ways you can use leftover creamed spinach in a recipe.
- Stuff a chicken breast or rolled up in a flat steak and then baked.
- Mixed with flaked crabmeat for a scrumptious dip.
- On top of a pizza crust baked with bacon and mozzarella cheese
- Add extra garlic and artichoke hearts with parmesan for spinach and artichoke dip
- Mix in shredded chicken and an Italian blend of cheeses, then toss with fettuccine for a delicious past dish.
- Add mayo, sour cream, minced onions and your favorite nuts for a nutty party dip.
- Slather onto a toasted English muffin and top with a slice of ham or bacon and a poached egg.
- Use as a layer in lasagna or inside of stuffed shells/ravioli.
- Use as the base of a quiche
What Is The Easiest Recipe for Creamed Spinach?
Honestly, this is best recipe I've ever used for creamed spinach. It takes about 15 minutes total to make it from start to finish, which means I can throw dinner together FAST on a crazy weeknight! This low carb creamed spinach recipe is a perfect example of how delicious and nutritious eating can be. It’s full of vitamins, minerals, and protein that will keep you feeling full and energized all day long. And it tastes so good! You won't believe this dish is keto-friendly. Give it a try today!
*Points were accurate at the time of posting, but nutrition can vary from brand to brand.
Consult your app to ensure accuracy for yourself.*
- Olive Oil Spray
- 10 cups baby spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 4 oz. light cream cheese, softened and cut into small chunks
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Heat the large skillet over medium heat and spray with your favorite cooking spray.
- Gradually add the spinach and sauté briefly just until it wilts.
- Continue until all the spinach has been added and wilted down. Do not overcook.
- Add the heavy cream, cream cheese, and garlic powder.
- Season with salt and black pepper, to taste, and stir to combine.
- Heat, stirring frequently until the cream cheese melts completely and the mixture is heated through.
- Remove from heat and serve immediately with your choice of main dishes. Enjoy!
Sign Up For Our Email List and Get This Snazzy Weekly Wellness Planner with Daily/Weekly Trackers, Menu Planning, Fitness Tracker and more!