Oozy, decadent baked brie with cranberries and walnuts – what's not to love? This cheeseboard staple may seem indulgent, but with a few simple ingredient swaps we've transformed it into a lighter appetizer that's perfect for the holidays.
Satisfy Your Holiday Cravings with Baked Brie with Cranberries and Walnuts
The holidays are often filled with temptation from decadent treats and rich dishes. While these indulgent foods may be delicious, they can also pack a heavy point-value that can derail your Weight Watchers progress. But have no fear – you can still enjoy flavorful holiday fare without the guilt!
Table of Contents
3 Reasons You'll Love This Recipe
#1: It Elevates a Classic Appetizer to New Heights
Baked brie is always a crowd favorite. But by topping it with sugar-free cranberry sauce, sweet dried fruits, and toasted nuts, you take this classic from basic to brilliant. The complementary flavors and textures blended in each bite take this baked brie next level. Even better, it comes together just as easily as plain baked brie thanks to a few simple extras. This recipe lets you serve an appetizer with a gourmet flair that will wow guests.
#2: It Adds Festive Flavor to Holiday Gatherings
This baked brie recipe was made for the holidays! The tangy cranberry sauce, bursts of sweet fruit, and aromatic rosemary say autumn. It makes the perfect appetizer for Friendsgiving or other holiday parties. The red and green colors are festive as well. And it feels indulgent for celebrations while being lighter than heavy, cream-based dips. Bring on the holidays with this cheerful, seasonal twist on a classic.
#3: It Lets You Indulge Without Overdoing It
Don't you wish you could enjoy rich appetizers without sabotaging your healthy eating habits? This recipe lets you do exactly that. By using sugar free cranberry sauce instead of regular, you cut down on calories and added sugars. You get the delicious flavor and silky texture of baked brie in a lighter form. It's the definition of balance – all satisfaction without going overboard. You can even serve it to [Weight Watchers] members and those limiting sugar. This smart twist makes classic baked brie guilt-free to enjoy.
Enjoy Every Bite Guilt-Free as a Weight Watchers-Friendly Appetizer
One of the best aspects of this baked brie recipe is that it can be part of a healthy diet when made with care. Here are some of the factors that make this a lighter appetizer for Weight Watchers members to savor:
- It uses homemade low sugar cranberry sauce rather than full sugar commercial varieties. This reduces the points substantially.
- Reduced sugar craisins are used instead of regular dried cranberries for less sugar.
- It features sugar free, calorie free Walden Farms Maple Walnut Syrup for sweetness without added calories or points.
- It satisfies cravings for a rich food without the fat and calories of heavy dips or cheeses.
- Dried fruits provide fiber, vitamins and nutrients compared to cracker or chip-based toppings.
- Walnuts add protein, healthy fats and minerals not found in salty, processed toppings.
- Herbs like rosemary provide flavor without adding calories, fat or sugar.
With thoughtful preparation and portion control, you can indulge in every creamy, dreamy bite as part of your daily Points allowance.
Handy Tips for Baked Brie Success
Follow these tips for perfect baked brie every time:
- Use Room Temperature Brie – Cold brie won't melt as readily when baked.
- Score Rind Before Baking – Scoring helps brie melt evenly.
- Avoid Overbaking – Bake just until oozing but not totally runny.
- Mix Up Toppings – Try different nuts, herbs, jams, fruit or honey.
- Bake in Ramekins – For individual portions, bake topped brie in ramekins.
- Freeze Ahead – Assemble in a pan, cover, and freeze for up to 1 month.
Craft Homemade Low-Sugar Cranberry Sauce for Maximum Flavor
To keep this recipe WW-friendly, I like to make my own small-batch low-sugar cranberry sauce rather than use store-bought full-sugar varieties.
Easy Sugar-Free Cranberry Sauce
This homemade cranberry sauce comes together in just 10 minutes. With only 2 net carbs per serving, it's low sugar, keto, diabetic friendly and delicious.
Making your own small-batch sauce allows you to control the sugar content. Plus, it's so easy and takes the brie to the next level!
How Many Points Are In This Recipe?
With the new Weight Watchers Plan, points can vary for diabetics. Points can also vary with different brands. Please use your recipe maker to determine your exact points.
Are You on WW Connect?
Find me on WW Connect @Sassycooking_Alyssa to see my full recipe list!
- 8 oz. brie cheese wheel
- ¼ cup Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce
- 2 Tbsp dried reduced sugar cranberries (Craisins)
- ¼ ccup walnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp Walden Farms Sugar Free Maple Walnut Syrup
- 2 rosemary sprigs
1.Preheat the oven to 350° F and line a rimmed baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
2.Place the brie on the prepared baking sheet and transfer it to the oven to bake for 10 minutes.
3.Remove the brie from the oven, and using two forks, gently expose the creamy layer beneath the crusty top of the cheese. Spread the cranberry sauce on top of the cheese, followed by the dried cranberries and walnuts. Drizzle with maple walnut syrup and top with fresh rosemary.
4.Return the brie to the oven and bake for another 5-10 minutes or until all the toppings are warm and the brie is heated to your desired temperature.
5.Serve the baked brie on a decorative platter alongside sliced baguette and vegetable dippers. Enjoy!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 227Total Fat 9gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 28mgSodium 187mgCarbohydrates 33gFiber 1gSugar 25gProtein 6g
*This is an automatic calculation by a third party app*
The Ultimate Guide on How To Enjoy Thanksgiving on Weight Watchers
Be sure to check out the complete guide for more tips and tricks to having the best weight watchers friendly Thanksgiving!