A zero point pasta sauce is all about simplicity. This is a great go-to recipe if you find yourself in a hurry with no idea what to make for dinner – it’s quick and easy, yet still full of flavour! This is my favorite marinara sauce recipe – so easy! It's perfect for those nights when you just want to whip something up without too much effort. You can use it in so many ways and it even freezes well to use for prepping meals in advance.
Delicious and Healthy Zero Point Pasta Sauce
There are many ways to make a zero point pasta sauce, ranging from simple and quick to a bit more complex and time-consuming. Whichever type of sauce you choose, it’s essential to consider the health benefits of each of the ingredients you’ll be using. Using fresh ingredients like chopped tomatoes, lemon juice, and basil will give you a pasta sauce that is packed with flavor and nutrients. They will give you a healthier and tastier pasta sauce that is sure to impress!
What ingredients do I need to make this Zero Point Marinara Sauce?
- Tuttorosso Crushed Tomatoes with Basil – or your favorite brand of crushed tomatoes
- Tuttorosso Tomato Puree
- Fresh basil leaves or 3 Tbsp dried basil
- Dried oregano
- Onion-minced or fresh (I love using Spice World Easy Onion Squeeze when I'm in a time crunch)
- Kosher salt
- Carrot – shredded
Why Do You Use Carrot in Pasta Sauce?
Growing up in an Italian household, my father always taught me to use carrots in our recipe for pasta sauce because it cuts the acidity of the tomatoes which causes indigestion. The sugars from the carrot add a subtle natural sweetness rather than using sugar. As an added benefit, it increases the veggies in your diet!
Can I Add Other Vegetables To This Sauce?
You absolutely can add other vegetables to a pasta sauce. If you want to change up the flavors, feel free to add roasted red peppers to kick it up a notch. You could also add in zucchini, celery, leeks, or bell peppers and then use an immersion blender to “hide veggies” in your pasta sauce for picky eaters.
How Can I Make A Spicy Pasta Sauce?
If you're looking to add heat to this basic zero point pasta sauce, the best way to do it is with Calabrian Chilis! It'll provide a subtle, smokey heat that will elevate your dish to the next level.
What Recipes Go Well With This Sauce?
You can use this recipe anywhere you would use a marinara sauce or pasta sauce! Toss it on top of spaghetti squash, whole wheat pasta or when making pizza! You could also use this with my favorite recipe for crustless chicken parmesan pizza.
How Many Points Are In This Recipe?
With the new Plan, points can vary for diabetics. Points can also vary with different brands. Please use your recipe maker to determine your exact points.
Are You on WW Connect?
Find me on WW Connect @Sassycooking_Alyssa to see my full recipe list!
- 2 - 28 oz cans Tuttorosso Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 Medium Carrot, Grated
- 3 Tbsp Minced Garlic
- 3 Tbsp Minced Onion
- 20 Fresh Basil Leaves (sliced into ribbons)
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
- Start with a dutch oven sprayed with olive oil cooking spray over medium heat. Add in the shredded carrot and onion and saute until softened.
- Add in the garlic and saute until you can smell the aroma of Italy in your kitchen.
- Pour in the cans of crushed tomatoes, then add in your seasons.
- Once the sauce begins to simmer, turn the heat down to low and let it cook down to your desired consistency.
If you like a smoother sauce, you can use an immersion blender with 1/2 cup of water.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 99Total Fat 1gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 707mgCarbohydrates 23gFiber 6gSugar 12gProtein 5g
*This is an automatic calculation by a third party app*
What are the Best Tools to Conquer Emotional Eating?
Are you looking to Conquer Emotional Eating For Good? Start with my FREE printable workbook! With pages to help you learn your triggers and work through them, with tips and advice to move past emotional eating, the workbook is the perfect place to get started!
Would You Rather Take My Course? Get On The List To Be Notified When It Launches!
- The Easiest and Best Chicken Crust Pizza Recipe
- Best Recipe for Homemade Zero Point Pasta Sauce
- Changes to Weight Watchers for November 2022
- Why You Should Be Using Meal Subscription Kits for Healthy Eating
- Simple Substitutions To Request at Restaurants for Healthier Eating
- Yummy Instant Pot Mississippi Pot Roast: Easy Dinner!