After Thanksgiving, we have a ton of leftover turkey that needs to be used up. If you are looking for a simple recipe for Weight Watchers that has only a few ingredients, you have come to the right place. You are going to want to print this recipe for Leftover Turkey Marsala Soup! The best part is it can be made in 30 minutes or less!
Leftover Turkey Marsala Soup in a Slow Cooker
I am a huge fan of slow cooker recipes, especially once the weather cools off in the fall. If you are looking for more ideas for your slow cooker check out these Weight Watchers slow cooker recipes. Now that I have my instant pot, I can make all my favorite soups and stews in a fraction of the time.
What can I substitute for Marsala wine?
Marsala wine isn't something I normally keep in my kitchen, so I find myself searching for an alternative that won't drastically change the flavor of the dish. If you have white grape juice or white wine and any kind of brandy, you can make an easy substitute by trading 1/4 cup of Marsala wine for 1/4 cup of grape juice or white wine and a teaspoon of brandy. Another alternative is to use either Port wine or Pinot Noir, although depending on the brand can be a rather expensive option.
Is there a non-alcoholic Marsala substitute?
The good news is that yes, there is a substitute for Marsala wine that is non-alcoholic. Keep in mind that the alcohol will evaporate during the cooking process anyway, but some cooks will prefer to just not cool with alcohol at all. If you are searching for a non-alcoholic substitute the best mixture is to use 1/4 cup of white grape juice, 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons of sherry vinegar.
Can I make this with shredded chicken instead?
If the relatives took home all of your leftover turkey, you can easily make a basic shredded chicken in your slow cooker by following this recipe posted by Emily Bites. Simply add raw boneless, skinless chicken breasts to your slow cooker, seasoned with salt and pepper and cover with water or reduced-sodium chicken broth. Replace the lid and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for about 4 hours. You can also shorten this time by using your instant pot.
While you're at it, you can use shredded turkey or shredded chicken in these Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps!
How Do You Make Leftover Turkey Marsala Soup?
So warm and comforting, this is a recipe you will want to have handy! Make sure you pin this to your Pinterest for later!
How Many Points Are In This Recipe?
With the new PersonalPoints Plan, points can vary for each individual person based on their unique list of zero point foods. Points can also vary with different brands. Please use your recipe maker to determine your exact points.
Are You on WW Connect?
Find me on WW Connect @Sassycooking_Alyssa to see my full recipe list!
Instant Pot Leftover Turkey Marsala Soup
The perfect way to use up that leftover Thanksgiving turkey. A few simple ingredients and you have a delicious soup in about 30 minutes.
- 1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 oz White Mushrooms, sliced
- ⅔ cup Marsala Cooking Wine, dry
- 6 cups Chicken Stock, low sodium
- 16 oz Shredded Turkey Breast
- 4 Green Onions (Scallions), Thinly Chopped, white and green parts separated.
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Start your instant pot on the saute function, add olive oil and mushrooms, stirring until the mushrooms start to soften. Season with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Add white parts of the onion and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, switching the function to "Manual pressure" for 10 minutes and place the lid on the instant pot.
- You can use quick release once the timer is up, ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with chopped green onion.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Calories 195Total Fat 4gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 60mgSodium 844mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 27g
*This is an automatic calculation by a third party app*
Looking for More Recipes?
- Fruity Tiramisu Overnight Oats
- Instant Pot Pork Lo Mein with Shirataki Noodles
- The Health Benefits of Eating Salmon Dishes
- Summer Avocado Salad
- Picnic Perfection: Healthy and Easy-to-Prepare Snacks for Your Outdoor Adventures
- Zesty Lemon Popcorn
Sign Up For Our Email List and Get This Starter Guide for Emotionally Healthy Eating!
Howdy! I’m at work surfing around your blog from my new iphone! Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts! Keep up the great work!