Leftover Turkey Marsala Soup
After Thanksgiving, we have a ton of leftover turkey that needs to be used up. If you are looking for a simple recipe for WW that has only a few ingredients, you have come to the right place. You are going to want to print this recipe for Leftover Turkey Marsala Soup! The best part is it can be made in 30 minutes or less!
5 Points on WW Green Plan
3 Points on WW Blue Plan
3 Points on WW Purple Plan
Leftover Turkey Marsala Soup in a Slow Cooker
I am a huge fan of slow cooker recipes, especially once the weather cools off in the fall. If you are looking for more ideas for your slow cooker check out these 11 WW Freestyle slow cooker recipes. Now that I have my instant pot, I can make all my favorite soups and stews in a fraction of the time.
What can I substitute for Marsala wine?
Marsala wine isn't something I normally keep in my kitchen, so I find myself searching for an alternative that won't drastically change the flavor of the dish.
If you have white grape juice or white wine and any kind of brandy, you can make an easy substitute by trading 1/4 cup of Marsala wine for 1/4 cup of grape juice or white wine and a teaspoon of brandy.
Another alternative is to use either Port wine or Pinot Noir, although depending on the brand can be a rather expensive option.
Is there a non-alcoholic Marsala substitute?
The good news is that yes, there is a substitute for Marsala wine that is non-alcoholic. Keep in mind that the alcohol will evaporate during the cooking process anyway, but some cooks will prefer to just not cool with alcohol at all.
If you are searching for a non-alcoholic substitute the best mixture is to use 1/4 cup of white grape juice, 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons of sherry vinegar.
Can I make this with shredded chicken instead?
If the relatives took home all of your leftover turkey, you can easily make a basic shredded chicken in your slow cooker by following this recipe posted by Emily Bites.
Simply add raw boneless, skinless chicken breasts to your slow cooker, seasoned with salt and pepper and cover with water or reduced-sodium chicken broth. Replace the lid and cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for about 4 hours. You can also shorten this time by using your instant pot.
While you're at it, you can use shredded turkey or shredded chicken in these Chicken Fajita Lettuce Wraps!
- 3 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 8 oz White Mushrooms, sliced
- ⅔ cup Marsala Cooking Wine, dry
- 6 cups Chicken Stock, low sodium
- 3 cups Shredded Turkey Breast
- 4 Green Onions, Thinly Chopped, white and green parts separated.
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Start your instant pot on the saute function, add olive oil and mushrooms, stirring until the mushrooms start to soften. Season with a sprinkle of salt and pepper.
- Add white parts of the onion and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients, switching the function to "Manual pressure" for 10 minutes and place the lid on the instant pot.
- You can use quick release once the timer is up, ladle the soup into bowls and garnish with chopped green onion.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 1 grams
Amount Per Serving Unsaturated Fat 0g