Boneless pork chops sizzling in a pan with a little fresh garlic, salt and pepper is a dish I remember my mother making when I was young. The aroma would fill the house and instantly everyone was hungry. I am all about comfort foods, especially meals made in 30 minutes or less. I love these cream cheese smothered pork chops because it embodies all the rich flavors that I'm craving but reenvisioned with healthy ingredients. The best part is, because there are only 5 ingredients, it is an affordable meal to make, too!
Cream Cheese Smothered Pork Chops Recipe
This is one of those easy pork chop recipes that will make 8 servings, perfect for your weekly meal prep! The points have been calculated for each individual lean pork chop at about 4 oz each.
Can I make Cream Cheese Smothered Pork Chops in the Instant Pot?
When you want to make cream cheese smothered pork hops in an instant pot, there are just a few steps to shake up. Using the inner liner of your instant pot instead of a saute pan, follow the rest of the steps as written. When it comes time to add the pork chops back in, cover the instant pot and set it to manual pressure for 5 minutes. Use quick release and then serve them.
What side dishes would you serve with these pork chops?
With this dish being 5 points on all 3 plans, the best kind of side dishes would be simple roasted vegetables. If you are following MyWW Purple you could also include a small side of Mediterranean Quinoa Salad or a baked potato.
What is an alternative for cream cheese?
If you have been following weight watchers for a long time, you can probably guess what a good alternative for cream cheese is… non-fat Greek yogurt! Greek Yogurt provides a nice amount of protein without the fat while still giving you the creamy texture you are looking for. If you aren't a fan of Greek Yogurt, you can also use equal measurements of pureed cottage cheese or plain yogurt that you have strained overnight with a cheesecloth.
How do you pick out good pork chops?
In general, center-cut loin chops are the most tender cut. When you are shopping for pork chops, look for meat that is more on the pink side with a little marbling. If you see the meat is on the pale side or if there are dark spots on the fat, keep looking.
How To Cut Chives
Chives are typically used as a garnish in recipes, although they do have a very nice onion flavor. Many chefs will tell you that we eat with our eyes before our mouths actually taste. Chives add a brightness to plating that makes the dish more pleasing to look at. Simply chopping chives or using kitchen shears to snip them can take your meal to the next level.
*Life Hack Tip: Use a rubber band to keep your bundle of chives tight together to make it easier to chop.
How to Make Smothered Pork Chops
- Cooking Spray
- 8 4-oz. boneless pork chops
- ½ c. chicken broth, preferably organic
- 6 oz. fat-free cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 3 T. fresh chives, finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Additional fresh chives, finely chopped, for garnish
- Use your cooking spray to coat a heavy-duty skillet and then heat over medium-high heat.
- Next, sprinkle both sides of the pork chops with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the pork chops to the hot skillet. Brown pork chops on each side, it should take approximately 3 minutes per side.
- Remove pork chops from pan and set aside on a rimmed dish to collect juices.
Make The Creamy Chive Pan Sauce
- Reduce heat to medium and add chicken broth and cream cheese to the skillet. Gently scrape bottom of pan to loosen brown bits and continue stirring until the cheese is completely melted, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add juices from the plate holding the pork chops to the skillet. Stir to combine liquids, then add pork chops. Cook for 1-2 additional minutes. Remove from heat and stir in chopped chives.
Check out these other Pork Chop Recipes:
Sign Up For Our Email List and Get This Snazzy Weekly Wellness Planner with Daily/Weekly Trackers, Menu Planning, Fitness Tracker and more!