Do you have a weakness for anything smothered in creamy goodness, then this recipe for creamy garlic smothered pork chops is your answer! The cream cheese combined with the punch of the garlic and chives will instantly have your mouth watering. With that being said, you might have to make double or even triple batches of these pork chops if not more!
creamy garlic smothered pork chops Recipe
Pork chops are one of those types of meat that can get a little boring. They just seem to be in so much demand for dinner, but for a good reason. These pork chops are tender, juicy, and smothered in a creamy garlic and chive sauce. Comfort food at its finest! This is one of those easy smothered pork chop recipes that will make 4 servings, perfect for your weekly meal prep!
Table of Contents
Can I make creamy garlic smothered pork chops in the Instant Pot?
When you want to know how to make smothered pork chops in an instant pot, there are just a few steps to shake up. Using the inner liner of your instant pot instead of a saute pan, follow the rest of the steps as written. When it comes time to add the pork chops back in, cover the instant pot and set it to manual pressure for 5 minutes. Use quick release and then serve them.
what goes with smothered pork chops?
Smothered pork chops are a classic and comforting dish that can be enjoyed all year round. They are best served with a Loaded Cauliflower Casserole or an Easy Mediterranean Quinoa Salad for a balanced meal. Other sides that go well with smothered pork chops include roasted vegetables like broccoli and carrots, or a sautéed vegetable medley of bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms.
What is an alternative for cream cheese?
If you have been following weight watchers for a long time, you can probably guess what a good alternative for cream cheese is… non-fat Greek yogurt! Greek Yogurt provides a nice amount of protein without the fat while still giving you the creamy texture you are looking for. If you aren't a fan of Greek Yogurt, you can also use equal measurements of pureed cottage cheese or plain yogurt that you have strained overnight with a cheesecloth.
How do you pick out good pork chops?
In general, center-cut loin chops are the most tender cut. When you are shopping for pork chops, look for meat that is more on the pink side with a little marbling. If you see the meat is on the pale side or if there are dark spots on the fat, keep looking.
How To Cut Chives
Chives are typically used as a garnish in recipes, although they do have a very nice onion flavor. Many chefs will tell you that we eat with our eyes before our mouths actually taste. Chives add a brightness to plating that makes the dish more pleasing to look at. Simply chopping chives or using kitchen shears to snip them can take your meal to the next level.
*Life Hack Tip: Use a rubber band to keep your bundle of chives tight together to make it easier to chop.
How to Make smothered pork chops
How Many Points Are In This Recipe?
With the new Weight Watchers Plan, points can vary for diabetics. Points can also vary with different brands. Please use your recipe maker to determine your exact points.
Are You on WW Connect?
Find me on WW Connect @Sassycooking_Alyssa to see my full recipe list!
- Cooking Spray
- 4 4-oz. boneless, lean pork chops
- ½ c. chicken broth, preferably organic
- 8 oz. fat-free cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 T. fresh chives, finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Additional fresh chives, finely chopped, for garnish
- Use your cooking spray to coat a heavy-duty skillet and then heat over medium-high heat.
- Next, sprinkle both sides of the pork chops with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Add the pork chops to the hot skillet. Brown pork chops on each side, it should take approximately 3 minutes per side.
- Remove pork chops from pan and set aside on a rimmed dish to collect juices.
Make The Creamy Chive Pan Sauce
- Reduce heat to medium and add the garlic to the skillet. Gently scrape bottom of pan to loosen brown bits and continue stirring garlic is fragrant.
- Add in the chicken stock and cream cheese. Continue stirring until the cheese is completely melted, approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Add juices from the plate holding the pork chops to the skillet. Stir to combine liquids, then add pork chops. Cook for 1-2 additional minutes. Remove from heat and stir in chopped chives, reserving some for garnish for serving.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 305Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 4gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 103mgSodium 722mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 0gSugar 3gProtein 38g
*This is an automatic calculation by a third party app*
Check out these other Pork Chop Recipes:
Looking for More Recipes?
- Sugar Free Cranberry Sauce
- Fall In Love With These Autumn Roasted Vegetables
- Weight Watchers Friendly Vichyssoise Soup
- Healthy Salmon Sushi Bake
- Fat-Free Lemon Vinaigrette: A Refreshing and Healthy Salad Dressing Option
- Fruity Tiramisu Overnight Oats
Sign Up For Our Email List and Get This Starter Guide for Emotionally Healthy Eating!