Living in Florida, I am blessed to be able to use my grill year-round. I love that I can make this herb rubbed bone-in pork chop recipe on any average weeknight when I want something tasty!
Herb Rubbed Bone-In Pork Chops
When it comes to following weight watchers plans, you may be tempted to only eat chicken or fish, especially with myww purple plans or myww blue plans. However, a lean cut of pork can still be low in points to make a satisfying meal! Add in the flavor bomb of a nice char from the grill with a perfect seasoning blend of a nice salt and fresh herbs for a plate of deliciousness.
Portion Your Own Meat To Save Money!
Typically, I purchase whole center-cut pork loins when they are on sale for under $1 per pound or when they are buy one get one free. It saves so much money when you cut and portion your meat in your own kitchen!
What other recipes can I make with pork?
If you do purchase your meat in bulk, you can make one pork loin into several different recipes.
- Maple-Balsamic Pork Chops
- Garlic Butter Pork Chops
- Cream Cheese Smothered Pork Chops
- Smoked Bacon-Wrapped Pork Loin
- Garlic & Herb Roaster Pork Tenderloin
If none of those recipes sound good, you can always use Smiley's Famous Zero Point BBQ Sauce for a nice kick to any recipe, including baked pork chops!
How do I grill bone-in pork chops?
Pork chops require a little more effort than grilling steak or burgers. When cooking beef, the outside of the meat can have a nice charred crust and still be slightly rare in the middle. Pork, on the other hand, needs to be cooked more evenly to ensure it is the proper temperature throughout. Stick to a medium setting on your grill to maintain a lower temperature, allowing the pork to cook completely and evenly.
What side dishes go well with pork?
If you're going to be grilling anyway, you might as well grill up some vegetables to go with it!! I simply slice up my vegetables, spray with a little cooking spray and season them the same way as the protein choice for that meal and I have a healthy side dish. I love using an all in one slicer to easily prep my veggies.
I recommend one like this one on Amazon by Fullstar. It has 7 different blades to allow you to slice, dice, chop, grate, spiralize, julienne or ribbon cut your veggies! I prefer to slice my squash, dice my bell peppers and fine chop my onions. With this handy tool, there's even a storage container underneath to minimize the mess. I use the container to season and prepare before throwing the veggies into a grill basket alongside the meat.
Keep in mind when assembling the ingredients for the herb rub that it is more of a template than a hard-and-fast rule. We aren’t going for dainty precision with this technique, just a uniform infusion of robust herbal flavors.
Recipe For Herb Rubbed Bone-In Pork Chops
2 Points on WW Green Plan
2 Points on WW Blue Plan
2 Points on WW Purple Plan
- 2 tbsp kosher salt
- 6-8 large fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
- 2 stems of fresh rosemary, strip and crush leaves
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme leaves, crushed
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp black Hawaiian salt
- 4 Pork, sirloin (chops), bone-in, lean, cooked
Pro Tip: Fresh herbs need to “wake up” to get the full effect of their flavor. Place the chopped leaves between your palms and rub your hands together to warm up the herbs before they are added to your recipes.
- Combine salt, basil, rosemary, thyme, garlic and pepper thoroughly in a small bowl. Rub mixture over all sides of pork chops until thoroughly covered.
- Scrub grill grates with a wire brush prior to starting. Preheat grill to medium before adding pork chops over direct heat. Cook for 7-8 minutes, turn once, but otherwise keep the lid closed as much as possible. If your chops are thinner or thicker than 1”, adjust cook time accordingly.
- Remove chops from heat, cover and let rest for 3 – 5 minutes before serving. Serve with a grilled vegetable medley.
Sign Up For Our Email List and Get This Snazzy Weekly Wellness Planner with Daily/Weekly Trackers, Menu Planning, Fitness Tracker and more!