This post may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something I recommend, it changes nothing for you, but it supports my family and makes me do a happy dance! Thanks.
I am obsessed with getting our fresh produce from our local co-op. This Baked Salmon with Roasted Purple Potatoes and Golden Beets is all sourced directly from local farms aside from the salmon. Let me show you how this came together in my kitchen.
Baked with Roasted Purple Potatoes and Golden Beets
This is a family favorite in our house. In fact, the other kids in the neighborhood will come over and specifically request this meal! They love the various colors that end up on their plate and it's an inspiring thing to watch children actively learning how to eat healthier!
What is the first step to cook purple potatoes with green beans?
Since potatoes will take the longest time to cook, they should be prepared first.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice the potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- Prepare the green beans by slicing the ends off of them, and in half if need be for length.
- Toss them both in a bowl with butter spray and a mixture of salt and pepper
- Lay them in a single layer on a cookie sheet. (I prefer to use Gotham Steel because it is nonstick and easy to clean)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the potatoes are fork tender.
Can You Eat The Greens From Beets?
Golden beets are absolutely delicious and the brightness of their color shines in this dish. Detach the greens from the base and slice them up. I recommend dicing the beets up into tiny cubes to allow them to cook faster.
Use a nonstick skillet on the stove and heat it on medium-high until you can sprinkle a little water in and it sizzles. Toss in the diced beets, saving the greens to the side at first. While the beets are cooking, prepare your other baking sheet for the salmon.
On a sheet of parchment paper, layer slices of lemon all across the bottom. Place the salmon filets on top of the lemon slices after seasoning both sides with salt and pepper. Place in the oven with the potatoes and green beans for about 10-12 minutes.
I make a mixture of crushed sunflower seeds, italian spices and 1 tsp of olive oil to place on top of the salmon before putting it into the oven. It's optional, but does have a great texture element for ONLY 1 POINT per serving.
Finish up the beets by adding in the greens and a splash of apple cider vinegar and a sprinkle of garlic powder. Once the beets are tender and the greens are wilted down, you can remove them from the heat to serve. By now, everything in the oven should be just about finished.
I love that the color on this plate so accurately describes what a perfect meal it is for someone following the myWW Purple Plan!
myWW Green Plan – 9 Points
myWW Blue Plan – 5 Points
myWW Purple Plan – 1 Point
Baked Salmon with Roasted Purple Potatoes and Sauteed Golden Beets
- 6 4 oz Wild Caught Salmon Filets
- 2 cups Golden Beets diced
- 2 cups Golden Beet Greens chopped
- 6 Small Purple Potatoes diced
- 2 Medium Lemons
- 2 cups Green Beans
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 3 Tbsp Sunflower Seeds
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- Zero Point Cooking Spray
- 1 tbsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Toss together potatoes and green beans in a bowl, spray with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread them on a baking sheet in a single layer. Bake for 20-25 minutes until potatoes are fork tender and green beans are slightly crispy.
- Place a nonstick skillet on the stove and heat it over medium-high heat. When you can splash a little water and it sizzles, add in diced beets with a little cooking spray.
- On a second baking sheet, add a sheet of parchment paper and a layer of lemon slices. Season both sides of the salmon with salt and pepper and place on top of the lemon slices.
- Combine olive oil, sunflower seeds and Italian seasoning together in a bowl and crush them together. Layer on top of the salmon and place it in the oven for 10-12 minutes.
- Finish up the beets by adding in the greens with the apple cider vinegar and garlic powder. Once the beets are soft and the greens are wilted, you can serve!
If you love this salmon recipe, you're going to love my Brown Sugar Spiced Salmon!
Sign Up For Our Email List and Get This Snazzy Weekly Planner with Daily Journal Prompts!
Looking for more recipes? Check out some of my recent posts!
- 25+ Easy Egg Recipes for MyWW
- A Day In The Life of the MyWW Blue Plan
- Using Green Chef with MyWW
- Best Side Dishes for MyWW
- Brown Sugar Spiced Salmon