Are you wondering what weight watchers restaurants are the best to choose when you are on the go? Do you need a Weight Watchers Guide to Subway? With a wide variety of Zero Point vegetables on the menu and a little planning, you can have a delicious and filling meal on the go from Subway without sacrificing a ton of points. This is a post to save, so make sure you pin this!
Is Subway Weight Watchers Friendly?
The short answer is yes, especially with the weight watcher changes for 2021 that includes the new concept of personalpoints with a variety of zero point foods that are customized to you! The longer answer is that like everything else, you need to be prepared before you order or a healthy choice can easily turn into a disaster. Do your best to stick to lean proteins like turkey, chicken or tuna.
What does “Fresh Fit” mean on the Subway menu?
Subway is a great choice when making healthier eating changes because they guide you to make the best choices. By looking on their menu, they label certain items as “Fresh Fit”. These items have higher protein, 2 servings of vegetables and 24g of whole grains, a great balance of nutrition for your meal!
Subway defines Fresh Fit Subs as “6″ subs prepared on 9-grain wheat bread with tomatoes, onions, green peppers, cucumbers, lettuce & spinach with up to one Fresh Fit® sauce. Fresh Fit® subs prepared in front of you and not a diet program. ** Vegetable servings refers to [6-inch or footlong] subs prepared to standard recipe. 1 serving = ½ cup raw veggies or 1 cup leafy veggies”
What Subway Breads and Wraps should I choose on weight watchers?
There seems to be a myth surrounding wraps that somehow they are healthier for us than a regular sandwich, but in this case, there are more points in a wrap!
There are so many varieties of wraps on the menu. We have been conditioned to believe that wraps are healthier than bread, but if we look at how many points are in weight watchers wraps, you'll see that is just false information. Here is a list of the 6″ bread and wrap options at Subway and what the points are.
- Spinach Wrap – 10 points
- Tomato Basil Wrap – 10 points
- Plain Wrap – 11 Points
- Habanero Wrap – 10 points
- Hearty Multigrain Bread – 5 points
- Sourdough Bread – 6 points
- Harvest Bread – 6 points
- Gluten Free Bread – 13 points
- Rosemary & Sea Salt Bread – 6 points
- Rye Bread – 5 points
- Italian White Bread – 6 points
- Parmesan Oregano Bread – 6 points
- Monteray Cheddar Bread – 7 points
- Roasted Garlic Bread – 6 points
- Southwestern Spicy Bread – 5 points
- 9-grain Wheat Bread – 5 points
Subway Sliders are Low Points
The new addition of Subway Sliders are a great grab and go kind of snack when you just need something quick. The mini Italian bread is only 4 points, then just use your personalpoints zero points selections to build the slider that is best for you!
What is on the Subway breakfast menu that is myWW Friendly?
Breakfast is the perfect example of how quickly points can escalate out of control. The artisan flatbread is actually higher in points than the regular 6″ bread options.
If you must have:
- Bread: opt for one of the simple bread choices for 5 points like the 9-grain wheat.
- Cheese: stick to shredded mozzarella, for only 2 points
- Sauces/Dressings: Spicy Yellow Mustard is ZERO points and provides a great flavor to add a morning zing
If your subway will allow substitutions on meat, you can ask for turkey instead of black forest ham.
It may only save you 1 point, but every point counts!
Which subway chopped salad is the healthiest?
When you order a subway salad calories are a consideration when choosing your dressings as they will affect your points. Try to stick to as many vegetables as you can along with a lite dressing.
- Veggie Delite Chopped Salad, no dressing (1 Points)
- Oven Roasted Chicken Breast Chopped Salad, no dressing (1 point)
- Club Chopped Salad (2 Points)
- Sweet Onion Chicken Teriyaki Chopped Salad, with Sweet Onion Dressing (6 points)
What are the best dressings for the lowest points?
- Fat-Free Honey Mustard (1 point)
- Low-Fat Balsamic Vinaigrette (1 point)
- Oil & Vinegar (2 points)
- Fat-Free Sweet Onion (4 points)
My wonderful aunt also taught me that carrying a packet of your favorite lite dressing with you whenever possible can alleviate uncertainty with ordering out.
Her purse is filled with little drink mixes, snacks and dressings to keep her on track with her points while dining out.
What is the best sandwich at Subway for Weight Watchers?
- 6″ Veggie Delite on 9-Grain Wheat Sub (6 points)
- Fresh Fit 6″ Turkey on 9-Grain Wheat (6 points)
- Fresh Fit 6″ Subway Club on 9-Grain Wheat (7 points)
- Fresh Fit 6″ Roast Beef on 9-Grain Wheat (7 points)
Add 2 Strips of Bacon
for 3 Points
What are Subway Points?
If you find yourself dining out at Subway often, you can start to collect Subway points, which is their reward system. The old system had various levels and you needed a reward card to collect and use your rewards.
Now there's an app for that! Download the Subway app onto your phone. Sign up for a new rewards account, and start earning! For every dollar you spend, you will receive 4 reward tokens. When you reach 200 tokens, you receive a $2 reward.
Occasionally, you'll receive surprise points, discounts or rewards! It is an app worth keeping on your phone if you plan to use Subway as your go-to fast food. (Which I highly suggest.
Do you want to read more about eating healthier at restaurants? Check out these tips!
Looking for more myWW recipes and resources?
- Unofficial Guide: Must Try Zucchini Recipes For WW
- How To Make Crustless Chicken Parmesan Pizza
- Easy myWW Broccoli Stir Fry Recipe
- Healthy Meal Prep using Lemon Chicken and Broccoli
- Low Carb Reuben Casserole
- Chinese Food on MyWW: Egg Roll In A Bowl
- 5 WW Friendly Recipes For Lunch in a Bowl
- Avocado Tuna Salad Recipe
- Tips and Tricks to Eat Healthy at Restaurants
- Weight Watchers Guide to Subway
Sign Up For Our Email List and Get This Snazzy Weekly Wellness Planner with Daily/Weekly Trackers, Menu Planning, Fitness Tracker and more!