Healthy Carrot Tarator
While Carrot Tarator is a healthy recipe to start with, a few adjustments make it even better and low freestyle points!
Non Stick Skillet
- Zero Point Cooking Spray
- 3 Carrots (medium/large) Peeled and Shredded
- 1/4 cup Walnuts Finely Chopped (3 Points)
- 3/4 tsp Fine Sea Salt
- 2 cups Non-Fat Plain Greek Yogurt
- 2 Garlic Cloves Pressed or Crushed
- 1 tsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil Optional (Add 1 point)
Heat your skillet over medium high heat, spray with cooking spray well. Once the skillet is hot, add the carrots and stir frequently until they start to soften.
Stir in the chopped walnuts and continuing cooking for another 5-6 minutes.
Add in the garlic and cook for another minute until you can smell the garlic's aroma.
Remove from heat and let it cool down to a warm to room temperature.
In a medium-sized bowl, add the Greek yogurt, slowly stirring in the carrot mixture. Season with salt to taste.
When ready to serve, drizzle a little olive oil on top.